New Truck Talk: Customized or Modified sleeper?

Or if you like aero style trucks:

I have to watch my wheelbase because while I like to run out west, I tend to do a lot of regional and midwest loads, which means lots of pickups near my house that isn't really friendly at all to stretched out trucks.

Bolt things they can get their 100 Inch sleeper to work with a 240 wheelbase on a Cascadia. I have to talk to Fyda Freightliner in Columbus and get some info from them in order to find out if it is actually possible. If so, and the money isn't too stupid, I may go this route.

Sleeper is $60k

Have to find out how much the rest of the truck is going to cost.

Most likely, it will be too expensive for this truck purchase.

I have to watch my wheelbase because while I like to run out west, I tend to do a lot of regional and midwest loads, which means lots of pickups near my house that isn't really friendly at all to stretched out trucks.

Bolt things they can get their 100 Inch sleeper to work with a 240 wheelbase on a Cascadia. I have to talk to Fyda Freightliner in Columbus and get some info from them in order to find out if it is actually possible. If so, and the money isn't too stupid, I may go this route.

Sleeper is $60k

Have to find out how much the rest of the truck is going to cost.

Most likely, it will be too expensive for this truck purchase.
A factory 68” bunk from WS is 19k. You could go 250 or 260 and still get around ok.

I want more room overall.

I do all of my office work inside the truck, absolutely nothing trucking related happens at home unless I am looking for a load, which I usually have set up before I get home.

I cook in the truck to a small extent now, and want to be able to cook a lot more.

I'm sick and tired of cracking my skull on the dome light moving back and forth in the truck.

As it is currently, my top bunk is pulled down to hold things like my printer, cooking stuff, and drinks. With that pulled down in this truck, sitting on the bunk is even impossible.

I run west, a lot. I can run even further west into California with good rates out of my home location with a California compliant truck.

Fuel economy will offset a significant portion of the payment.

This truck is paid for, but it's not free. Trucks at this mileage cost money to keep up.
I'm so short I can stand up in my Ford.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread