New Trend in "What Makes Men Happy?"

Since you're new, I'll overlook your assumption that the article was used in a derogatory manner. Until you're more familiar with how we refer to one another, I'd appreciate it if you kept your comments to a pleasant manner and didn't try to start a fight within you first few comments.

This article wasn't posted to be feminist, degrading or disrespectful to men. It was posted for fun. Knowing these guys wouldn't read it was half the fun.

It was meant to be a light hearted discussion for people to read and have a laugh at. Nothing more, nothing less.

I could care less what your background or anyone elses you've sadly meant during your career and judged. I'm well aware of the diverse backgrounds each person has. I am not new. Regardless of each members background, they all are people with feelings who will not be judged by you or anyone else while I'm on this site.

I hope that clears up any misconceptions you have and I assume I will not be seeing any more argumentative comments from you.

Since you're new, I'll overlook your assumption that the article was used in a derogatory manner. Until you're more familiar with how we refer to one another, I'd appreciate it if you kept your comments to a pleasant manner and didn't try to start a fight within you first few comments.

This article wasn't posted to be feminist, degrading or disrespectful to men. It was posted for fun. Knowing these guys wouldn't read it was half the fun.

It was meant to be a light hearted discussion for people to read and have a laugh at. Nothing more, nothing less.

I could care less what your background or anyone elses you've sadly meant during your career and judged. I'm well aware of the diverse backgrounds each person has. I am not new. Regardless of each members background, they all are people with feelings who will not be judged by you or anyone else while I'm on this site.

I hope that clears up any misconceptions you have and I assume I will not be seeing any more argumentative comments from you.
I'm sorry if you took offense to my opinions, they weren't meant to be argumentative as much as a little different take on the study.

Here is the opening statement.
"As feminism is increasingly defined as liberation for people of all genders, definitions of masculinity continue to shift away from traditionally, and many would argue toxic, norms."

Feminism is not the liberation of all people, it deals more with women wanting to be viewed as equals to men. If you tell a man he is a feminist he might take offense.

One of the issues I have with psychology is when I went through school homosexuality was considered a sexual perversion by most in the mental health communities, today it is considered a norm. My point being it is continually changing, not so much based on facts but subjective studies.

"Not be judged by me or anyone else....." then what does the comment "knuckle head imply"? You may have meant it to be light hearted and fun but some may take offense to a comment like that.

Maybe I'm a little touchy about perceptions of truckers in general by others outside the industry, so if I ruffled your feathers I'm sorry.

I'm sorry if you took offense to my opinions, they weren't meant to be argumentative as much as a little different take on the study.

Here is the opening statement.
"As feminism is increasingly defined as liberation for people of all genders, definitions of masculinity continue to shift away from traditionally, and many would argue toxic, norms."

Feminism is not the liberation of all people, it deals more with women wanting to be viewed as equals to men. If you tell a man he is a feminist he might take offense.

One of the issues I have with psychology is when I went through school homosexuality was considered a sexual perversion by most in the mental health communities, today it is considered a norm. My point being it is continually changing, not so much based on facts but subjective studies.

"Not be judged by me or anyone else....." then what does the comment "knuckle head imply"? You may have meant it to be light hearted and fun but some may take offense to a comment like that.

Maybe I'm a little touchy about perceptions of truckers in general by others outside the industry, so if I ruffled your feathers I'm sorry.
My comments to these guys are endearing and they know it. I'm the first one to protect these guys and NO ONE will offend or attack them. Btw, I am also a trucker.

Thank you for your apology. Enjoy the site.

Having had 4 sisters and 4 daughters and way more granddaughters and great granddaughters than male grands and having been a banker and public official with all-female support staffs (excepting an engineer), I have a lot of evidence that it's more likely that in this country females will dominate regardless, Tocqueville said so, and his observations have proven true for over a century.

Here's a case in point:
1. My pretty friend makes her daily bread as a landscape contractor and occasionally as a model. On FB, she posted one the pics that she's selling to raise money for a friend's chemo:
121644098_1779547132187732_6280167653055751883_o.jpg
Our morning exchange:

This is a frame of a her reply that was a gif of the goose flapping his wings and spreading the leaves appended by a brief note.
ScatteringLeaves.jpg

My ending comment was: "Goosed again. I got no chance."

That gave her a laugh.

And all I wanted to do is see if Solomon, the roofing contractor, that I contacted to get her a bid, got in touch with her. It's hell to be old and increasingly scatterbrained. Solomon and I know of each other as when I worked local for Sourdough, I used to haul a lot of Insulfoam to roofers throughout southcentral (Homer - Fairbanks - Seward - Valdez) Alaska.

It seems that regardless of the XX or XY nature of whomever you interact with, just take Hannah Arendt's advice and be charitable. Oh, BTW, for the Paglia-haters, Paglia says homosexuality has no scientific basis or basis in evolutionary biology as it is inimical to the survival of our species.

Having had 4 sisters and 4 daughters and way more granddaughters and great granddaughters than male grands and having been a banker and public official with all-female support staffs (excepting an engineer), I have...
...been thoroughly indoctrinated by radical extremist feminazi Amazonian masterhood. 😁

:whip:

Oh, BTW, for the Paglia-haters, Paglia says homosexuality has no scientific basis or basis in evolutionary biology as it is inimical to the survival of our species
I guess we can think of it as population control without the genocide or forced sterilization.

...been thoroughly indoctrinated by radical extremist feminazi Amazonian masterhood. 😁

:whip:

I guess we can think of it as population control without the genocide or forced sterilization.
I was the oldest and the sole male of 5 kids. My youngest sister was born in the 1950s. That was long before "feminism" was likely a word. Both my Dad and I didn't deal much with the females of the household so there was no indoctrination.

Fathers or mothers anywhere in the neighborhood had unlimited rights to correct the erring ways of any kid of any gender. Kids of both sexes didn't concern themselves with gender-defined roles. If a girl participated in building a fort she had as much access to it as any boy.

The fastest kid, Charlotte Talley -- she used to work at a truckstop in Frenley and before that at the Mill City turnoff -- in the neighborhood was a girl. It's likely that she is no longer with us as she lived a tough life. There was no indoctrination. If girls wanted to play with dolls instead of cowboys and indians, that was cool with the boys. If the girls wanted to join in whatever we were doing, that was cool too. Nobody cared.

Maybe Parson Malthus would view homosexuality as a good thing.

Having had 4 sisters and 4 daughters and way more granddaughters and great granddaughters than male grands and having been a banker and public official with all-female support staffs (excepting an engineer), I have a lot of evidence that it's more likely that in this country females will dominate regardless, Tocqueville said so, and his observations have proven true for over a century.

Here's a case in point:
1. My pretty friend makes her daily bread as a landscape contractor and occasionally as a model. On FB, she posted one the pics that she's selling to raise money for a friend's chemo:
View attachment 72784
Our morning exchange:

This is a frame of a her reply that was a gif of the goose flapping his wings and spreading the leaves appended by a brief note.
View attachment 72786

That gave her a laugh.

And all I wanted to do is see if Solomon, the roofing contractor, that I contacted to get her a bid, got in touch with her. It's hell to be old and increasingly scatterbrained. Solomon and I know of each other as when I worked local for Sourdough, I used to haul a lot of Insulfoam to roofers throughout southcentral (Homer - Fairbanks - Seward - Valdez) Alaska.

It seems that regardless of the XX or XY nature of whomever you interact with, just take Hannah Arendt's advice and be charitable. Oh, BTW, for the Paglia-haters, Paglia says homosexuality has no scientific basis or basis in evolutionary biology as it is inimical to the survival of our species.
Was your parents happy to have 5 daughters?

Here's a case in point:
View attachment 72784
Our morning exchange:

View attachment 72786

That gave her a laugh.

My cousin is a landscaper and a real estate agent. He usually posts pictures for his ads holding a dog, although I feel maybe he should stand up against a tree like a high school yearbook pic?

Anyways, I am trying to get him to put Toxic Male Real Estate Agent on his business cards. He has a long wheel base pickup that would be perfect for a sign that says "i can't landscape as good as a woman, but give my sexist self a call."

He's mulling it over.

And trust me, your friend in that pic thinks its creepy what you are doing. Trying to pass it off as innocent banter, knowing you would be all over her if she gave you the time of day. Then again, women posts those pics for affirmation and self esteem boosting. However if you were a very attractive younger male, it wouldn't be creepy.

My cousin is a landscaper and a real estate agent. He usually posts pictures for his ads holding a dog, although I feel maybe he should stand up against a tree like a high school yearbook pic?

Anyways, I am trying to get him to put Toxic Male Real Estate Agent on his business cards. He has a long wheel base pickup that would be perfect for a sign that says "i can't landscape as good as a woman, but give my sexist self a call."

He's mulling it over.

And trust me, your friend in that pic thinks its creepy what you are doing. Trying to pass it off as innocent banter, knowing you would be all over her if she gave you the time of day. Then again, women posts those pics for affirmation and self esteem boosting. However if you were a very attractive younger male, it wouldn't be creepy.
I’ve never met a man who had “innocent banter” with a woman he didn’t want to sleep with. I’ve also never met a man who surrounded himself with women unless he was a womanizer and tried to be some off brand Hugh Hefner.

This has been a very interesting thread, with some very good points made. I have four daughters' and I have seen their ability to manipulate men with their female charm. However their looks and charm can only get them so far, then education, ability, and drive will either carry them to success or age will put them on the back burner.

If a man had posted that a woman only gets satisfaction from child bearing, he’d have been chastised for being sexist and likely xenophobic.

Nice double standard you put forth there

He's mulling it over.

Not hardly creepy. I'm almost 79. I'm sure Cean has absolute trust that I'll do nothing creepy. As mentioned, she's the secretary of the Alaska Libertarian Party. We became friends during and after some back-and-forth stuff (it's been years) about a basis for a political value.

She likes to laugh at me because I frequently admit I can be totally wrong. I get a kick out of her for her contrasts. Like who can look that good and still raise chickens (no roosters, per some city ordinance) in her back yard?

To me such a relationship is not all that complicated. On a regular basis I deal with brilliant folks, e.g. a nephew who retired at 40. And, as mentioned, roofers and truckers who are actually a pretty talented lot but who aren't counted as those who will show society the way forward -- please note that regarding roofers and truckers, I'm talking about perceptions, not fact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread