New Member intro

As a 37 year veteran of trucking I look to learn something everyday. I learned old school. Checking the oil cleaning the windshield. Checking tires and fueling up my Uncle’s 90 series Chevy with 3208 Cat with 5 speed with a 2 speed axle and a working 4th. Riding along every chance I got. I helped do weekend repairs in the shop. From a full brake job changing even the s cam and bushings to changing tires, wheel seals etc. I took my first full time paid driving job 3 months after graduation. I worked up from dump truck to tractor trailer dumps. Operating backhoe’s front end loaders, farm machinery etc. started OTR at age 22. Got a chance to work in that companies shop. Where I learned how to maintain a truck. I took the plunge to buy my own truck after 2 years of shop work. I stayed with that for 10 years having 3 different trucks over that time. I went back to drive as a company driver for about 4 years change companies and tried my hand at dispatching a small company of 30 trucks. Then back to driving as a company driver where I at still today. I’m a husband, father to 2 wonderful young ladies. A son, oldest of 3 siblings. I’m as active as I can be with our transportation ministry at Walnut St Church of Christ. Running 2 MCI coaches a bluebird 33 passenger and a van. Married since 1982 I’ve been blessed with an understanding wife. Her favorite saying, “it’s a good living , but it ain’t no life”. I look forward to helping out others when I can. And learning from others. Thinking of buying a truck again. Just can’t shake the feeling of ownership.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread