New house, new grill.

Bird never goes in the pan unless planning on gravy from the drippings.

Until today. This is at 120 degrees, throwing in the veggies and continuing to smoke for a while.

6045DAF9-9AC7-4955-BC88-3EE5EB46DF5A.jpeg

Currently at around 135, gonna smoke it a bit longer, then crisp the skin at high temp.

Hoping the veggies actually get done in this process, never done this before.

Coming soon......... Smoked Salmon.

I’m debating on whether to get cedar planks or not. I have never smoked any kind of fish. Heard pros and cons with the cedar planks.

I’m debating on whether to get cedar planks or not. I have never smoked any kind of fish. Heard pros and cons with the cedar planks.
Keep the temp low.

Try to not open it often to check.

But it can go from being done to being jerky quickly.

Saw them planks on a red lobster commercial. Whats the point of em?

It gives the Salmon that natural ceder tree flavour.
Yeah, I don't get it either.

Kinda like the way people say they like Lobster but they really just like melted garlic butter.
If I want my fish to taste like a pine tree Ill eat pine cones with it... and Im sure you know what the chances of that are :whistling: :biglaugh:

On the other hand, I actually can do lobster plain

View attachment 51710
Still using the old Weber, but looking real hard at the pellet grills.
Cooked some ribeyes on the Weber last week. Hadn't used it in a while, and quickly realized the difference in flavor between the pellet grill and charcoal. Definitely a taste difference.

I got one of the chimneys for starting the charcoal, so haven't used lighter fluid in quite a while. They actually work pretty well.

Cooked some ribeyes on the Weber last week. Hadn't used it in a while, and quickly realized the difference in flavor between the pellet grill and charcoal. Definitely a taste difference.

I got one of the chimneys for starting the charcoal, so haven't used lighter fluid in quite a while. They actually work pretty well.
Good or bad taste differences???
Tonites creation...
20200618_184704.jpg

Good or bad taste differences???
Tonites creation...
View attachment 66435

Not good vs. bad, just different. It had been a while since I had used charcoal and I could definitely taste the difference. The wood would be my preference for flavor, but it definitely makes a difference.

Question: Why you not mixing the stuff up on the k'bobs? Unless you are taking it all off before eating.

Not good vs. bad, just different. It had been a while since I had used charcoal and I could definitely taste the difference. The wood would be my preference for flavor, but it definitely makes a difference.

Question: Why you not mixing the stuff up on the k'bobs? Unless you are taking it all off before eating.
I did steak and pork last time with all the fixins on one skewer. The meat was taking too long so I moved them to the center and burned the hell out of the veggies..
So I consulted the web and alot of folks recommend this way.
So I figured I would try it...

I did steak and pork last time with all the fixins on one skewer. The meat was taking too long so I moved them to the center and burned the hell out of the veggies..

Youtubes is a genius!

Youtubes is a genius!

That said, if you want to even things out, thinning the size of the meat could make a huge difference. Evens out the cook times.

And less PBR during prep.......

• Haha
Reactions: AK7
That said, if you want to even things out, thinning the size of the meat could make a huge difference. Evens out the cook times.

And less PBR during prep.......
Ya well,I wasn't even supposed to be cooking tonite as the boy said he had it handled...
But his gf called from Paris and he's in the zone..lol

I`m thinking of doing the same.The doctor tells me I need ot eat fish twice a week
my wife says I need to stay away from fried foods so here comes the smoker or grill in the near future
I am tempted to sneak to the fish house for a fried flounder plate for lunch

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread