new comer just registered

new to posting got my permit so i dont have to sign a contract. ill prob go to roadmasters since its the only school close to home so i can work. been looking at companys to hire on at need to find one so i can move to tn. just looking for a direction & general info anything is helpful thanks

new to posting got my permit so i dont have to sign a contract. ill prob go to roadmasters since its the only school close to home so i can work. been looking at companys to hire on at need to find one so i can move to tn. just looking for a direction & general info anything is helpful thanks

Where are you at in location? Do you want OTR or Local?

new comer

i live in fla spring hill . i would like reginal home weekends or out 14 days maybe im looking for a company that i could go long term i like to stay in one spot we are planning on moving to tn just north of coloumbia tn. im done with construction i have wanted to drive since i was a kid growing up in michigan all my friends dads drove so its not a whim

Welcome to the forum. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting inot a regional job, or a job that has you out for 14 days. Much of the industry has begun gearing their jobs toward this anyway to help improve driver retention.

SNI is going to raise pay rates, maybe a good idea over maverick. unless you want the flatbed time.

There is a new sticky over in the new driver area about starting out. Deals with family issues.

Before you consider flatbed, think long and hard about what you are getting into. Be prepared to work in the weather elements, be prepared to wrestle with dirty/heavy tarps. It's not for me, but then again, I can barely lift one of those tarps, much less wrestle one open in freezing weather. Might be something you like though, and I do think companies pay for tarping loads and such.

Otherwise, I would have to look toward Schneider if I was just starting out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread