Owner Operator New authority question

49players

My authority is active and just waiting for MODOT to get back with me for plates. My question is since I live next door to Arkansas and I saw someone say we need an Ad Valorem tax for the state is this correct?

If I’m not mistaken they did away with it. @Mike lives there so does @Wore Out but he never does things right

It is still there. I am in Arkansas, so I have to show proof of it being paid every year to renew IRP.

I have no idea what the requirements are for carriers outside of Arkansas though.

It is still there. I am in Arkansas, so I have to show proof of it being paid every year to renew IRP.

I have no idea what the requirements are for carriers outside of Arkansas though.
I’ve never paid it. I know at one point a few years ago they were chasing people down for it, but I haven’t heard much in several years.

They base the ad valorum off the IFTA you file with your home state.

So you really have to do nothing since your state reports the miles you drive in Arkansas to them.

They will send you a bill next year based off what you drove there the previous year.

They base the ad valorum off the IFTA you file with your home state.

So you really have to do nothing since your state reports the miles you drive in Arkansas to them.

They will send you a bill next year based off what you drove there the previous year.
I’m pretty sure they have never sent me a bill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread