ne1

orion

here driving for them now lmk

considering heavily wife and i have ben with prime for years this year they cant seem to get their crap together and jct is just up the road we are turning in our truck to prime next week and hanging it up with them due to no freight last load was a 1200 mile load and 4 days for a team to get it here so yeah we are looking at jct for sure at this point

Ah, so you're already well versed with leasing I'm gonna assume. When you start JCT, then keep us updated with your experiences there. Please keep in mind that freight starts slowing down for everyone this time of year. Between now and February usually marks the timeframe where many drivers quit their companies during the slow freight season in hopes that they will earn a better income with another carrier.

i have heard bad things and good reviews about prime all these starter companies are the same pretty much from what i have read the training maybe a little better at prime 1 to 1 with a trainer and not 6 guys up in one truck trying to learn

Are you talking about the basic "from scratch" training or the "already have CDL" road training in which you're actually hauling freight OTR with a trainer? 6 students in one truck, for OTR training would be ridiculous. In fact, two trainees would be ridiculous.

basic from scratch training primeis the only one i have read where its 1 on one training other than the classroom even the truck driving schools are the same from what i can tell their are several in a truck training taking turns driving

basic from scratch training primeis the only one i have read where its 1 on one training other than the classroom even the truck driving schools are the same from what i can tell their are several in a truck training taking turns driving

Your not going to get 1 on 1 training before you have that plastic card in your hand with your name on it that says CDL. Its all about making money. Then you get placed with a trainer for 6 or 8 weeks. That's all OTR and 1 on 1. Then you get turned loose with your own truck.

TruckingBiker

i have heard bad things and good reviews about prime all these starter companies are the same pretty much from what i have read the training maybe a little better at prime 1 to 1 with a trainer and not 6 guys up in one truck trying to learn

Here is the only thing you need to know about Prime as a starter company, they are going to take somebody who is completely new to the industry, train him to drive in a month or how ever long then lease him a truck. Make somebody who has no clue to driving much less having his own business responsible for all the things that comes with driving and being an o/o is absolutely a shame. I guarantee that very very few succeed and in fact will actually cost the industry drivers because they will burn these new guys out and make them bitter towards the job. Meaning they leave and convince their friends not to become drivers either. If you want your own truck, there is no easy way or short cut(unless you inherit it) to having your own truck.

Your not going to get 1 on 1 training before you have that plastic card in your hand with your name on it that says CDL. Its all about making money. Then you get placed with a trainer for 6 or 8 weeks. That's all OTR and 1 on 1. Then you get turned loose with your own truck.

i was stating what the web site states its 4 days of orentation take test to get permit than states 1on1 with trainer for 6 to 8 weeks than come back take road test than another 50000 miles with trainer. but anyhow i found a private school closer that will work around my job now so thankfully i dont have to quit job

What is ne1?

TruckersForum has regressed to an Instant Message / Chat Room format. Being skilled at phonics, which most public schools teach instead of spelling, is helpful if you wish to communicate with those who think spelling, puncuation, and sentence structure are a waste of their time. I know, I know... it's hard to type with your thumbs and drive.

ttyl brb cu

i will give you the low down on prime training.. i used to be a trainer from the cdl side to the tnt.

you will have 4 days in orientation. if everything goes ok background etc etc. and you will have to study hard and fast so you can get your learners permit i will make a suggestion. start looking over everything for the state of missouri b4 youeven go to class it will help you out a lot.. you will be taken down for your permit test at the dmv downtown 3 parts combination, air brakes, and general knowledge... get your permit then you will be taken to the range to start your backing.. take your time. you will start with straight line turn your wheel no more that 1/4 in the direction you see more of the side of your trailer no more till your straight simple as that.. dont over think it or over steer thats where people get into trouble.. while out on the range you will have several trucks and trailers to practice your pretrip inspection on, practice practice practice.. you will be paired up with a cdl trainer and you will go out on the road for 3 weeks to a month and a half depending on your skillset and how well you listen.. while out on the road just worry about driving and your preetrip as well as backing spend a few days on the pad backing if you can the pad is a controlled backing environment hard to mess things up there. also watch people as they take their tests. it will help you get into a mindset of what not to do and what to do. after you test for your cdl you will be required to go out on the road for 50 to 60 k miles for training with a tnt driver.. at first you will be running solo till the driver is comfortable with you and your driving skillset out on the road, after a bit you will be running team. after that period you will go back to prime and test for your a seat in the simulator class.. and if you pass you will get your own truck.

G.O.A.L. Get out and look... backing.. hope that helped a lil bit james. stay company for at least a year dont do lease just look for a better company to drive for after a year. just my suggestion, if your not used to running a lease isnt for you. orion owt

well the reason i have chosen jct at this point is because they have dedicated freight from california to florida and back.. which means miles and thats all the wifey and i want, we dont need a new truck we just need income at prime we havnt had that period this year. last year this time i was running my ass off solo and training tnt.. something has changed here at prime they have no freight. so its time to nose to the wind and go baby go. its either this or the wife and i head up to north dakota with the ole w9 and beat her to death on all the backroads..

the permit test i was told i can ny permit here in my state from other drivers for prime they said was better to have it and out of way that way can concentrate on all the other stuff while in the 4 day orentation it al boils down to al theses starter companies your going to get it up the a$$ with out he vaseline just have to pick the less painful one and i am not doing lease deal untill im thinking 2 years their is no way will jump into that headache untill i get some experiance
thank you for all that information

well dont do your permit there wiat till you get to prime or you will have to go back and take your test in the state you have your permit in just study the missouri cdl learners handbook b4 you get to prime so you dont have to cram hen you get there...

jct thread now a prime thread ftw hahahhaha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread