Name good Android smartphones and mobile telephone carriers for OTR drivers.

JohnPrestonBailey

I like the name Samsung Galaxy (I love my Samsung Smart TV and PC monitor) and North American truck drivers seem to like Verizon service that has mobile Internet connectivity.

Ideally, I would want a phone that connects to the truck's in-dash infotainment/telematics system via Bluetooth so I can stream my digital music library in playlist form to it.

Putting 8-track cartridges or even music CDs in the slot seems old hat these days.

Do all the different tractor manufacturers and models have standardized Bluetooth connectivity technology?

Would driving a Volvo require a different phone/carrier than for driving a Kenworth or an International?

Android phones, not Apple iPhone, seems to be the way to fly.

Important vehicle telematics for commercial trucking includes GPS navigation and locating various tractor-trailer-accessible roadside services as food service, parking, overnight parking, lodging, rest areas, fuel, showers, laundry, grocery retailers, logical/legal routes to travel on, etc.

Are there good specialized trucking apps for these phones?

How about this verizon app?

This question is about compatibility between the various phones and the various trucks.

Is there a phone that FITS all trucks, telematically speaking?

Last edited:
Bluetooth is Bluetooth. If the truck has it you can connect to it. If it doesn't, you can't.

If it's your truck you can get a head unit with Bluetooth to replace the one in the dash. They're not much different from an older car in that respect. Many still use the single DIN slot, unlike modern cars.

The rest of your posts are blah blah blah.

Tank you much.
Bad vehicle pun.

That's all I need to know.
My Samsung Galaxy Android Bluetooth over the road.
Streaming Couperin's organ music and piano pieces by Mozart, Chopin and Beethoven.

I can't ever remember talking about this stuff before here.
Must be another person you confuse me with.

Now, what Android apps do you like that are useful for OTR driving?

Remember, a driver has to live in this thing as well as do his job in it.
I need some mobile tech stuff to make the rig as homey as possible.
If you're just trying to make it homey, you can use whatever you want.

That's not the same as doing the job.

Now, what Android apps do you like that are useful for OTR driving?

Netflix
Hulu
TruckerPath
Pilot/flyingj
Loves
CAT scale
Google Earth
Any apps you had before that you enjoyed.
A couple games that don’t require a connection to play as there will be places you go without service. Justice Texas comes to mind. Lots of dead places in Texas.

Netflix
Hulu
TruckerPath
Pilot/flyingj
Loves
CAT scale
Google Earth
Any apps you had before that you enjoyed.
A couple games that don’t require a connection to play as there will be places you go without service. Justice Texas comes to mind. Lots of dead places in Texas.
Trucker Path, by the sound of its name, seems more like the special telematics for OTR freight navigation. I would especially like OTR technology that points a driver to a good cafe or roadside restaurant, not a Denny's or a Subway. Verizon Connect Truck GPS Navigation Software
seems like vehicle telematics that understands you are driving something brontosaurus in size and weight and not a mouse-size Honda Civic. I presume this TRUCK specific app or service will guide a big-rig to a cafe that a big truck can actually park in. I don't care about automobile apps, just big-rig apps in a big rig.

Truck drivers need LARGE vehicle telematics to survive.

At least in Justice, TX, I can still stream Beethoven's Fifth from my phone to the in-dash radio.

Sat phones would work theoretically in "dead places". GPS should work in dead places as well since it relies on satellite and not cell towers. My Garmin Nuvi 1350 got me from Boise, ID to Lawton, OK just fine. I am alive to post about it even! Had GPS reception even near Dumas, TX and in Raton, NM.

Last edited:
Trucker Path, by the sound of its name, seems more like the special telematics for OTR freight navigation. I would especially like OTR technology that points a driver to a good cafe or roadside restaurant, not a Denny's or a Subway. Verizon Connect Truck GPS Navigation Software
seems like vehicle telematics that understands you are driving something brontosaurus in size and weight and not a mouse-size Honda Civic. I presume this TRUCK specific app or service will guide a big-rig to a cafe that a big truck can actually park in. I don't care about automobile apps, just big-rig apps in a big rig.

At least in Justice, TX, I can still stream Beethoven's Fifth from my phone to the in-dash radio.

Sat phones would work theoretically in "dead places". GPS should work in dead places as well since it relies on satellite and not cell towers. My Garmin Nuvi 1350 got me from Boise, ID to Lawton, OK just fine. I am alive to post about it even! Had GPS reception even near Dumas, TX and in Raton, NM.
Unfortunately, you will be required to use your brain in this industry.

Trucker path is simply a truck stop guide. You can also see what restaurants are close to the truck stop. For someone asking for assistance you sure the **** aren’t appreciative of the info you get.

Trucker path is simply a truck stop guide. You can also see what restaurants are close to the truck stop. For someone asking for assistance you sure the **** aren’t appreciative of the info you get.
Isn’t he the same cult following asshole as the other guys?

Isn’t he the same cult following asshole as the other guys?
It’s actually the same person but I get bored and reply to some of the shit. Who knows maybe someone who actually wants the information may be reading.

What’s wrong with being gay? It’s his life he can live it how he wants to.
What's wrong with making fun of him for it? It's our first amendment and we can use it how we want to.

See how that works? Do you want to live in a country where everyone is free, or just the deviants?

What's wrong with making fun of him for it? It's our first amendment and we can use it how we want to.

See how that works? Do you want to live in a country where everyone is free, or just the deviants?
That’s a stretch but touche. However I don’t consider a homosexual a deviant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread