Missouri bills focus on truck inspections, traffic stops

Mike

Officials in the Missouri General Assembly are moving forward multiple pieces of legislation that cover truck inspections, traffic tickets, and how to handle traffic stops.
One bill nearing passage covers a variety of transportation issues, including a provision that addresses concern about random commercial vehicle inspections. Sen. Dave Schatz, R-Sullivan, is behind a 54-page bill that covers topics ranging from the renaming of memorial highways to new safety measures for travelers. He is also the vice president of Schatz Underground Inc., Villa Ridge, Mo.

One provision in the bill specifies that roadside safety inspections are not permitted on the shoulder of highways with a posted speed limit more than 40 mph.

Missouri bills focus on truck inspections, traffic stops

One provision in the bill specifies that roadside safety inspections are not permitted on the shoulder of highways with a posted speed limit more than 40 mph.

This one needs reform.
During the June blitz year-before-last I saw a Diesel cop on US 36 doing an inspection on the roadside.
Idiot was on a creeper with his legs sticking out in the right lane...
a half-mile from an exit!!
Just plain...
STUPID!!
:coocoo:

Cop in IL pulled me over for speeding years ago near the @Duck pond.
Moron was standing in the right lane and kept telling me to "Come here" with cars (and trucks whizzing by and moving over at the last second.
I got out of the truck as instructed but when he kept telling me to come to him I told him that I wasn't refusing to obey an order but that he was trying to get us both killed...
which he found humorous for some reason.

I stayed between the truck and trailer standing on frame rail step after being told several times to step into the traffic lane before I got pissed off enough to ask the cop if there was some reason not to step around to the right side side instead of risking both our lives for no reason.
He thought that was pretty funny too.
Again...
STUPID!!
:rant:

Go around' em. Problem solved.

I'd rather see big government legislation restricting the DOTs ability to do inspections..

No roadsides with posted speed limits above 40 is a start...

Besides most major highways and interstates have weigh stations so there is really no valid reason to create a traffic hazzard

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread