• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Mercer VS Landstar

I didn't realize any companies cared about how long you've been driving if you were providing the truck and just leasing on.
Yop.

Mine does

I'm thinking Mercer is a better way to go for the simple fact that they can broker loads for you where Lanstar does not. With Landstar, you have to learn to become your own broker. Plus, make deals with the customers on the loads.

I'm thinking Mercer is a better way to go for the simple fact that they can broker loads for you where Lanstar does not. With Landstar, you have to learn to become your own broker. Plus, make deals with the customers on the loads.
Not on the open deck side.

Everyone I have talked to out on the road has said Landstar hands down!

More loads, no waiting in line is the main deal.

Landstar is now on our unpreferred list.

We would rather dead head out then take a landstar load

As a broker. Because they give you the table scraps none of their own drivers want.

He's talking about as a leased O/O with access to the better paying loads.
someone again telling me why I'm doing something when they don't even know the reason.

someone again telling me why I'm doing something when they don't even know the reason.
So you're telling me that you have all your trucks leased on to Landstar and run under their authority?

Because I was under the impression that you had your own authority, in which case if you're doing business with Landstar it's to book loads from them.

And people have said on here before that their own drivers get first pick at the load boards. So yeah, guys like you would get the table scraps the others don't want.

Unless you have beef with Landstar for other reasons. Do they call you for updates every 30 minutes? Do they take 6 months to pay?

Are they obnoxious, condescending know-it-all pricks on the phone?

That's a good reason to "unprefer" them. Because nobody likes obnoxious, condescending know-it-all pricks. :wink:

So you're telling me that you have all your trucks leased on to Landstar and run under their authority?

Because I was under the impression that you had your own authority, in which case if you're doing business with Landstar it's to book loads from them.

And people have said on here before that their own drivers get first pick at the load boards. So yeah, guys like you would get the table scraps the others don't want.

Unless you have beef with Landstar for other reasons. Do they call you for updates every 30 minutes? Do they take 6 months to pay?

Are they obnoxious, condescending know-it-all pricks on the phone?

That's a good reason to "unprefer" them. Because nobody likes obnoxious, condescending know-it-all pricks. :wink:
I see what you did there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread