• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Mercer Driver Sought In Fatal Hit & Run Accident

dang was thinkin id have something to pic at you about.....
@Mike drives for them.

I had a friend that worked for them for a short time he said they were ok I guess I would if they were a last resort I wont say Id never work for them.

all kidding aside we have all seen, thought it, and said it, the roads aren't going to get any safer until they pass new regulations and have stricter laws for people in cars you can regulate trucks all day everyday but until they do something about ALL TRAFFIC its not going to change
Yes! you are right! if it really is about safety, They (the Gov.) would look at the statistics of the studies they called for and used taxpayer dollars to fund. The only next possible move on the chess board is to clamp down on erratic driving from from four wheelers. I never, Ever! have saw a four wheeler being pulled over for cutting over too close to a big rig.
Not much effort put into some of the pieces of junk cars that should not be on the road. the list of reasons to generate revenue from four wheelers, Or like the goal is, Safety to go after four wheelers.
Four wheelers vote. Most truckers are too busy moving the economy.

I never, Ever! have saw a four wheeler being pulled over for cutting over too close to a big rig.
I have, ... once.

I was going 65 in a 70 zone once, in the right lane, and a car had just passed me, .. he was going about 70. Didn't seem like he/she was speeding. Then we came around a curve & there was a cop sitting in the median in a crossover thing. The stupid car was only about 2 car lengths past me, and he/she saw the cop & panicked & cut over into the right lane in front of me & hit the brakes. I was down to 50 mph before I was able to let off the brakes. I was driving a Volvo at the time, so I was able to blow the horn at the same time. (didn't have to reach up over my head & feel around for a strap to pull while keeping my eyes on the stupid 4 wheeler).

Cop heard the horn, saw the stupid car brake-checking me & floored it. Stupid car maintained 50 mph after that point so I passed the idiot & kept going. Cop pulled over the stupid car.

I am to the point where I just expect stupidity. I leave my space. plus nowadays I am heavy as hell. I leave the space and a 6 wheeler cuts into it, Thanks! I leave a space and big rig wants it, Ok I back off a bit and let them over.

I am to the point where I just expect stupidity. I leave my space. plus nowadays I am heavy as hell. I leave the space and a 6 wheeler cuts into it, Thanks! I leave a space and big rig wants it, Ok I back off a bit and let them over.

That's the only way to do things. I keep plenty following distance at all times, even in road construction. Last thing I want to do is be responsible for injuring or killing an innocent person all because I am mad at some stupid driver (four wheeler or trucker these days)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread