• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Mercer Driver Sought In Fatal Hit & Run Accident

odii

Hi guys.... has anyone heard the news in Florida. Mercer driver sought in hit and run on the turnpike. I sure hope they are wrong about this but they have pictures of the truck and it don't look good for the guy.

hi guys....has anyone heard the news in Flordia. mercer driver sought in hit and run on the turnpike. I sure hope they are wrong about this but they have pictures of the truck and it don't look good for the guy.
Post it in the trucking news section with a link?

Post it in the trucking news section with a link?
I just moved it to a new thread. :thumbsup:

From SkateBoard's link:
The president of the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind, Dr. Jeanne Glidden Prickett, released this statement:

"... This tragedy was clearly preventable and underscores the pressing need for increased safety measures within the commercial trucking industry," wrote Prickett.
What the hell suddenly makes her an expert on CMV safety? Her area of expertise is the administration of a school. I highly doubt she'd make an ignorant statement like that if a bus registered to that school had hit two people in the same manner.

how do I get where you guys are im new to this.................but I like it
I just moved it to a new thread. :thumbsup:

From SkateBoard's link:
What the hell suddenly makes her an expert on CMV safety? Her area of expertise is the administration of a school. I highly doubt she'd make an ignorant statement like that if a bus registered to that school had hit two people in the same manner.

one day ill have time to figure out how this works.... I agree with you about the comment the lady at the school made. this kind of thing sadly happens every week and you normaly don't even hear about it but lord when it happens to be a truck involved the public demands new laws....we are just about lawed to death.

I don't know what just happened I was somewhere and now im somewhere else........:confused-96:

I guess they found the guy they were looking for.. im wondering how bad this is gonna effect us on the road...

...What the hell suddenly makes her an expert on CMV safety? Her area of expertise is the administration of a school. I highly doubt she'd make an ignorant statement like that if a bus registered to that school had hit two people in the same manner.
Public Citizen's newest member.

so duck you thinkin about goin to the pumpkin patch? or u just messin around

one day ill have time to figure out how this works.... I agree with you about the comment the lady at the school made. this kind of thing sadly happens every week and you normaly don't even hear about it but lord when it happens to be a truck involved the public demands new laws....we are just about lawed to death.
No worries. When I showed up here it was on the first computer I ever bought. I had no idea how this all worked. Most people where very patient with me.

Yes we are just about at the breaking point on how many more laws we can take. i see it like this. FMCSA will implode on itself and go the way of the ICC and in the meantime, I chuckle at every yuppie soccer mom that calls for more Regs on the industry. Sure keep on racking up the regs and then wonder why the price of everything has gone through the roof. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

believe it or not I think I have a solution.....only trucks allowed on the interstate highways....no cars............ people can pickup their goods at the exitramps......

all kidding aside we have all seen, thought it, and said it, the roads aren't going to get any safer until they pass new regulations and have stricter laws for people in cars you can regulate trucks all day everyday but until they do something about ALL TRAFFIC its not going to change

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread