May trucking any good ?

Nighthawk

Just curious if anyone has had any experience with May Trucking? Kind of considering looking into them a little since they have a Terminal here in Salem and have a 11 western division so thoretically hometime shouldn't be that bad even if just get to swing in say Howdy to the wife and continue on again :)

So would like some info (pref from someone in the Oregon area):

1.) Actual experience with their home time?
2.) Benifits ?
3.) Average weekly miles (they advertise 11,000/mongh avg)
4.) Drop/hook? Lumpers, self load/unload %'s
5.) Layover, detention, breakdown pay
6.) Are the Drivers just a number or to the DM's treat ya right..
7.) Quality of equipment
8.) extra stop pay..

Basically the run of the mill questions that you can't trust what a recruiter says LOL..... I am sure there are other questions that I just can't think of right now but these are the ones on the tip of my head and pretty much in the order of importance to me...

I know the low-no experience is only .30/mile but at 11,000/mth + the offer of benis is Like 3 times better than I get now doing property maintenance with NO benis from employer...

Thanks in advance

Can't answer the majority of the questions, but know a few drivers that have driven for them in the past. All had nice things to say about 'em.

Can't answer the majority of the questions, but know a few drivers that have driven for them in the past. All had nice things to say about 'em.

Well thats a promising start so far :) I am finding it easy to find Negative and a little positive about the big companies but seems to be a challenge to find anything out about anything smaller the Hunt,Schnider,CR and of course Swift (they are everywhere on the road and on the net LOL)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread