Loves Travel Stops

Mike

What is your overall opinion of the Loves Truck Stops, or "Travel Stops" as they refer to themselves?

Granted, there are differences among each of them, and we can definitely have new threads to discuss each one on an individual basis, but overall, how to you rate the Loves fuel stops compared to other truck stops in terms of parking, food, fuel prices, convenience store, and all of the other aspects that are important to a truck driver?

I always liked them. I generally found the staff to be polite and friendly, the facilities clean and well organised.

I have never been to one. But the sponsered link "McLeod" you have on this thread are some nice people, at least in the Lafayette, In. area. :)

Okay I just didn't want to be left out.

My biggest complaint about the Love's truck stops are the size of the parking lots in most of them. It is nice to be able to stop wherever you are fueling to take a break as well and at some of these places, it seems like there are more fuel pumps than parking spaces.

They seemed to be one of the cheapest fuel stops though, from what I can remember back when I owned my own truck and actually had the option of using them as a fuel stop.

I've seen a few that had huge parking lots. They were in the Southwest though, Texas and Arizona. But other than that, I really liked them.

Love’s opens store in Clanton, Ala.
Love’s new Clanton, Ala., Travel Stop is located off I-65/C.R. 28, Exit 208. It is the 142nd Travel Stop for Love’s, and new locations will open soon in South Carolina and Tennessee.

Travel Stops recently opened in Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri and Tennessee.

Love’s has Travel Stops in 32 states and provides professional drivers with the services such as: competitive and consistent pricing, quality fuel, clean restrooms and showers, a frequent fueler program, a fleet card program, ample parking, mail services, and food choices.
e-trucker

the are in general pretty small and the newest of the main fuel chains. i like them. i rarely fuel at one since they are pretty spread out and around. can always count on getting some chester chicken there. they seem to be the cleanest of them all.

I run a weekly trip to New Jersey and back every week, I manage to buy enough Loves fuel to maintain platnum shower status. That is why I switched to Loves from Pilot, I got tired of losing my showers, because I could not get back to a Pilot in 6 days.

Loves (ALL) are a waste of time and effort as they ALL resemble low class dumps. The Parking availability is pathetic, the Fuel Islands are usually as dirty and nasty as ANY t. a., and the Fuel Card Readers rarely work for Comdata when at all. The Showers (where available) are worse than Peelot and Frying J however t. a. is in competition for the nastiest showers.
There really is NOTHING positive I can find to say about Loves.

Unless I'm desperate for Fuel and I've nothing else to do for an hour or more(and I've had to have really screwed myself on Fuel usage), I'll always go somewhere other than loves.

Sure, loves usually has lower Fuel prices than competitors, BUT it is THE UNNECESSARY HASSLE of getting in and out.

--> If ya really want some fun (mainly aggravation) ANYTIME day or night, go to the Loves at (I believe) x31 on I-10 in Gulfport, Mississippi.<-- :banghead:

inConvenient Store

Without looking at the signage, you couldn't tell a Love's, from a Pilot, or, a Wilco. They are all just glorified convenient stores.

Give me a real truck stop where I don't have to put up with the "family vacation" crowd that's gotta' buy gas, candy, chips, toys, and a round of slurpees for eleven-teen rug-rats before I can get my pump turned on.

2xR, hoping the Petro stays open until I retire. :nono:

I use Loves alot, granted they have little to no parking, most of the big ones were originally Williams Truck stops, Some went to Loves some to Pilots, but I've found most are clean but crowded, Alot of Loves do not offer showers, none that I know of have real food. I think the worst Loves Ive seen is in Toomsuba, AL. Wow it was nasty. just got fuel & left.

My biggest complaint about the Love's truck stops are the size of the parking lots in most of them. It is nice to be able to stop wherever you are fueling to take a break as well and at some of these places, it seems like there are more fuel pumps than parking spaces.

They seemed to be one of the cheapest fuel stops though, from what I can remember back when I owned my own truck and actually had the option of using them as a fuel stop.

hell, theres atleast one that doesnt even HAVE parking. it was called a Country Store too, not a Travel stop. weird! No showers or anything that wasted too much time like that either, but ...you pretty much had to fuel and park on the fuel island until you left.

When i was there, there was this hot girl that seemed drunk that almost ran into me when i was walking into the bathroom and she was walking out. wtf. it was the middle of the day too.

hell, theres atleast one that doesnt even HAVE parking. it was called a Country Store too, not a Travel stop. weird! No showers or anything that wasted too much time like that either, but ...you pretty much had to fuel and park on the fuel island until you left.

When i was there, there was this hot girl that seemed drunk that almost ran into me when i was walking into the bathroom and she was walking out. wtf. it was the middle of the day too.

:showpics:

The loves on I-70 just east of Zainesville,OH is a real sh!t hole also.....I stopped there the other night for fuel and coffee, of which I wished I would have only gotten the fuel...

After about 45 minutes waiting in line for fuel.....I went in to get a cup of coffee.....

It almost could walk out to the truck with me.

The (BIG) lady behind the counter was about the NON-FRIENDLIEST person I have ever met. I thought she was gonna collapse from exhaustion from having to stand up to take MY money.:nono:

What is your overall opinion of the Loves Truck Stops, or "Travel Stops" as they refer to themselves?

Granted, there are differences among each of them, and we can definitely have new threads to discuss each one on an individual basis, but overall, how to you rate the Loves fuel stops compared to other truck stops in terms of parking, food, fuel prices, convenience store, and all of the other aspects that are important to a truck driver?
You may have posted this forum awhile back but i'm still going to give u my opinion on Loves anyways.LOL.Loves would'nt even be the last place i'll go if I was taking my 10 hr break.As well as the Pilot.Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with those truck stops i'm just bored with them.The best thing about both places are the service.I don't care for the food because most have the boring SubwayI like the Petro.They serve excellent spigetti or however it's spelled.I also like the TA when they have alot of eating places but will never eat in the TA restraurant.I got sick twice.But i'll stay at a mom and pops truckstop over the Pilot or Loves any day.As far as the parking goes.sometimes i'm truely amazed when I see Loves and Pilot have a huge parking lot.Heck some of them are so small you barely have enough room to manuever the semi to get fuel then if u wanna weigh your load some don't have anyroom to pull off the scale so you can pay for it.

I run a weekly trip to New Jersey and back every week, I manage to buy enough Loves fuel to maintain platnum shower status. That is why I switched to Loves from Pilot, I got tired of losing my showers, because I could not get back to a Pilot in 6 days.

I run the same area. I absolutely hate Toms Brook, VA. and sometimes Max Meadows, VA. They're always backed out onto the road waiting for fuel.

I run the same area. I absolutely hate Toms Brook, VA. and sometimes Max Meadows, VA. They're always backed out onto the road waiting for fuel.
It's been so long since i've been to the east coast.I use to deliver in Baltimore alot.As far as the truck stops goes in the East,chances of finding a parking park after 4 pm unless you're bobtailing is slim to none unless you're in upstate New York.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread