Life in Sector 7 G.

Picking up near Chicago O'Hare started out to be the worst place.
I ran all night to deliver in the morning in Chicago and then up to Bensenville, IL. The dick had me wait on the street and check in with him every hour. He was just an angry goof that had no clue on what he was doing.
It took forever and a day for them to swing the load from the city trailer to my trailer.
That was when they asked me, hey, can we just use your trailer to do the pick ups?
Sure, no problem. That was were I made some friends.
Once all the bonds were made out and I was ready to roll, The shipper Would yell out, Oh Canada! I Laughed so hard the first time I heard it.
Come sign your bills.

I had a CH Robinson load once. New Jersey to Target in Winchester, VA.

Rush rush rush, hurry hurry....

Different CHR agent calling every 30 minutes for my 20 and ETA

I get there and sit... On the street outside the gate because they suck.
I had one broker chase me by phone calling every half hour, telling me to hurry up, hurry up.
When I finally arrived at the destination, Scarborough, ON. affectionately known as Scarlem or Scarberia, They told me I was a day early.
What?
Yeah, you are a day early and we have manpower booked for tomorrow to unload, move in and assemble all this office furniture.
JFL= Just ****ing Lovely!
I ended up taking the load to the yard and never seen of heard about it again.

I started watching Animal Kingdom on Netflix. I had seen it in the suggestions but, I didn't think It was something that would interest me. A friend recommended it so I figured I would give it a shot.

I binged 16 episodes. That is a lot of just watching T.V.

I would rank it right up there with Breaking bad and Sons of Anarchy except, thus far Animal Kingdom isn't drawing out the same shit over and over.

Ontario declares a STATE OF EMERGENCY!

Yup, Doug Ford brother of the famous Mayor Rob Ford declared a state of emergency🥱
I have no idea on what that means and nor do I care🥱

Every morning I wake up and turn on the T.V. and the first thing I see is Covid.
Awww ****! Are we still doing this?

It would' be so bad, but the **** poor choices the government has made and politicians fly around the world an the do as I say and not as I do mentality.

Ontario declares a STATE OF EMERGENCY!

Yup, Doug Ford brother of the famous Mayor Rob Ford declared a state of emergency🥱
I have no idea on what that means and nor do I care🥱

Every morning I wake up and turn on the T.V. and the first thing I see is Covid.
Awww ****! Are we still doing this?

It would' be so bad, but the **** poor choices the government has made and politicians fly around the world an the do as I say and not as I do mentality.

Did ya hear about this one?

Did ya hear about this one?

🤣Ya, I heard about that one. I thought it was pretty clever.

The last time a curfew like this was implemented in Queerbec was when Justin's father Pierre Trudeau was in power and he declared the War measures act when the domestic terrorist group the FLQ was well,... committing domestic terrorism.

The good news for me is next week they are adding another driver and it couldn't have come soon enough. I was at capacity with the work load I was handling.

The best part is it exposes the afternoon guy that has been walking around telling anyone that will listen that, Day shift does nothing and afternoon does all the work.
That is not even possible just based on the production schedule. The most lines and the fastest running lines run during the day.

Now he just looks like a liar and the asshole that he is.
Schadenfreude! :thumbsup: :clapping:

I think I am living the real life trailer park boys.

I come home and my neighbour is sitting in his car smoking a few darts.
Hey, hows it goin' bud?
Oh the old lady kicked me out and I am staying with the guy that lives on the corner. He has been drunk for 3 ****ing days. I want to punch him out but I don't want to go to jail. I am just out here to get some peace and quiet.

I say, ya' might be better off in jail.
He says, ya' might be right.

Like I said in an above post, we got 3 shunt drivers now.
Monday and Tuesday was like the 3 of us could barely keep up.
Today was slow for a change.
The shipping boss says, it's slow, you don't need 3 guys today.
Yes we need 3 guys today because if we only have 2 guys today, we will have only 2 guys everyday.
He said I made a good point.
(Thank you, now you can go back to looking after shipping. Shunting is none of your concern.)

Like I said in an above post, we got 3 shunt drivers now.
Monday and Tuesday was like the 3 of us could barely keep up.
Today was slow for a change.
The shipping boss says, it's slow, you don't need 3 guys today.
Yes we need 3 guys today because if we only have 2 guys today, we will have only 2 guys everyday.
He said I made a good point.
(Thank you, now you can go back to looking after shipping. Shunting is none of your concern.)
Shipping boss sounds like a shunt.

I am sure by now you all know that the plant is nuts and full of incompetence and general stupidity.
Last night "someone" "somehow" busted the dock door. Ok fine.

First thing in the morning they call to get the trailer in the dock pulled out. Ok fine.
So, it is cold and windy today and the wind is just whipping through the non existent dock door.

We get a call, Hi, we need your help ASAP. Can you put a trailer into the dock that you just pulled a trailer out of?
The dock door is broken and everyone is freezing. :D :bonk:

Today I dropped and hooked 24 trailers with no problem. My last trailer drop I cranked down the landing gear, pulled the pin and then went to talk to my buddy.
Then this lady was walking by, and then I don't know what happened and then I went to drop the trailer and snap!! Ahh shit, broke the light cord.

Like they say in Belize, Shit happens.

Today I dropped and hooked 24 trailers with no problem. My last trailer drop I cranked down the landing gear, pulled the pin and then went to talk to my buddy.
Then this lady was walking by, and then I don't know what happened and then I went to drop the trailer and snap!! Ahh shit, broke the light cord.

Like they say in Belize, Shit happens.
Hot women are trouble, no matter what! 🤣

A Brampton driver comes out of the restroom.

There is an empty water bottle with brown fingerprints on it.
The rest room has no soap or paper towels.

We can only guess what happened there.

A Brampton driver comes out of the restroom.

There is an empty water bottle with brown fingerprints on it.
The rest room has no soap or paper towels.

We can only guess what happened there.
Seen lots of places with signs telling them not to leave their cups and water bottles but I specifically remember the Robin's in Longlac having one telling them not to wash their feet and take bird baths in the sink.

My only thought besides they gonna do what they gonna do is HOW do they even read them if they're in ENGLISH and not spaghetti noodle language?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread