Let's argue about your bad taste in music.

Sinister

pari animositate
Chances are, most of you do not have the awesome musical tastes that I do. I'm willing to bet that most people listen to country music. That's because country is the most popular type of music for a long time now, since rap killed what used to be known as top 40. Country has become the "default" choice for people not really willing to explore anything new, or that might involve a loud guitar...or three.

Mostly, I do not listen to country music. Oh, I like a few artists, most of them are what can be considered "classic" country, but for the most part a lot of the new country I hear makes me want to wretch in the wealthy subruban home that spewed forth the artist singing what I'm hearing. you'll never convince me that Taylor Swift, a 17 year old, really knows what hardship, or a bad relationship really is. But she'll go platinum. The chick from Sugarland actually hurts my ears, she's so nasal. Lady Antebellum is okay, but I think that's a awful band name.

What I'm saying is that I don't like country music that's not genuine.

As far as country goes, to name a few I like:

(and in no particular order)

Johnny Cash
Dwight Yoakum
Clint Black
George Strait
David Allan Coe
The Zac Brown Band
Kid Rock
Skynyrd
Shooter Jennings ( I love his show on Outlaw Country on Sirius)

But mostly, I'm a metalhead. I like:

AC/DC
Slayer
Amon Amarth
Slipknot
Metallica (except for the last two albums)
Iron Maiden
Kid Rock (Yeah, I know...he fits both slots!)
Godsmack
Rob Zombie/White Zombie
Danzig
MisFits
Social Distortion

(yeah, I know, the last 2 are punk)

Of course, there's also a million oldies, and even Big Band stuff that my grandma made me listen to, so I have a real wide variety of tastes, it's just that I love metal the most. There's even a bunch of rap I like.

So, post what you like, and I'll tell you where you're wrong. :bounce:

,\,,,/ <---thems metal horns folks.

Hinder
Buckcherry
Flyleaf- I love her voice
AC/DC
Slipknot
Metallica
Kid Rock
Godsmack
Rob Zombie
Danzig
Social Distortion
Nickelback
Lamb of God
Hollywood Undead
Disturbed
Drowning Pool
Ozzy Osbourne

I drew a blank all of a sudden, will add more as i remember

Hinder
Buckcherry
Flyleaf- I love her voice
AC/DC
Slipknot
Metallica
Kid Rock
Godsmack
Rob Zombie
Danzig
Social Distortion
Nickelback
Lamb of God
Hollywood Undead

I drew a blank all of a sudden, will add more as i remember
I like 3 of your choices cerberus.Classic country is my favorite.But I like kidd rock real well also.The other 2 choices I don't mind listening to is metallica and ac/dc.

I like 3 of your choices cerberus.Classic country is my favorite.But I like kidd rock real well also.The other 2 choices I don't mind listening to is metallica and ac/dc.

So your saying your music taste sucks then. :bounce:

They did a study on which type of music is most likely to enable suicides a month or so back. It was between rock, rap, country and something else, i don't remember now. And apparently country is # 1 .

Maynard Ferguson (before he went mainstream commercial)
Duke Ellington
Joss Stone
Lenny Kravitz
Tangerine Dream
Bekki Williams
Prism
Rush
Led Zepplin
King Crimson
Skaven
Uriah Heep

To just name a few....

I really don't have any favorites, But country is not one of them. Although I like Cerb and Sinisters picks, in addition to that I fallow several Genres from Top 40 to Techno, Punk Rock to Metal, some Celtic. Basically I like all the good stuff. My life is sad enough I don't need country music on my list. ( I do have a few albums) They packed in the closet

So your saying your music taste sucks then. :bounce:

They did a study on which type of music is most likely to enable suicides a month or so back. It was between rock, rap, country and something else, i don't remember now. And apparently country is # 1 .
Absolutely NOT.Country RULESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even as a kid in grade school I loved country.I like Kidd Rock just as much as country believe it or not.He sings his rap music rock style.I have most of his CDS.But those other groups you mentioned,I can't even understand the words.LOL

Only country i can half listen too is Taylor Swift, because she is hot as all get out, and most other female country singers, as they for the most part are really easy on the eyes. :bounce:

Johnny Cash, Clint Black
George Straite, Toby Keith
Alan Jackson, Maybe some Garth Brooks, I don't recall any of the female's I liked, they must have been good.

Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Nirvana
Alice in Chains
George Jones
Josh Turner
Hank Williams Jr
Kid Rock
Lynyrd Skynyrd
ZZ Top
and George Winston when i am in a classical mood

Holy crap! They got Country Music and Redwing boots in New York? :biglaugh:

LOL Well to honest I found out about both from friends upstate. Albany area. Could you believe there's inbred rednecks up there too! :biglaugh:

I had a friend named "Tonya Lee" and she lived on "Chuck Hill Rd". Fake a deep southern accent and the jokes became brutal.

LOL Well to honest I found out about both from friends upstate. Albany area. Could you believe there's inbred rednecks up there too! :biglaugh:

You have got to be kidding me! :biglaugh:

I do remember back in the 90's, you couldn't get Dr. Pepper up there. Pissed me off.

Only country i can half listen too is Taylor Swift, because she is hot as all get out, and most other female country singers, as they for the most part are really easy on the eyes. :bounce:
I don't like her music because I myself don't consider her country.But as a person she's awesome because her fans come first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread