• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Knight one option for me

being recruited by Knight and FFE. since i dont have much experience with refrigeration, considering Knight. Anyone give me the pro's vs cons with Knight? thanx

I think Knight is reefer also, or at least a reefer division.. I think they are hurting for business like most everybody else, figure the reefer side would be doing a little better since people still need to eat. Don't let reefer scare you, everything is push button, the only thing you have to do is set the temp you want it at and fill the fuel tank. It does require a little more messing around though, like finding/returning pallets, trl washouts, just about all lumper load/unloads but it pays more, of course I want nothing to do with a reefer but that is because dealing with grocery warehouses drive me to the brink of violence

Yeah, 16 hrs,waiting for the so-called lumpers to get off there asses, and go to work,just a bunch of south of the border bandits,with a lincense to steal!,another 13 hrs. in salt lake,same deal, if u dont have the right last name good luck gettin' out of there on the same day, knight refrigerated and the "DRY Side",the red trucks dont care for each other,got caught up in there BS,in Vegas,my gate card wont work there ,so U had to go inside to get somebody in there to open the gate,that usually pissed them off,then had 3 flats in a 2 week ,period,told the idiot in Phoenix, the tires wouldnt make it,this fool says they got 20,000 more miles left on them, then went inside and got the safety guy ,to look at them ,guess what this clown says the same thing!,beat U out of detention,cheat U out of mlies,and otherwise just lie there asses off,SCREW'EM

tell em
Yeah, 16 hrs,waiting for the so-called lumpers to get off there asses, and go to work,just a bunch of south of the border bandits,with a lincense to steal!,another 13 hrs. in salt lake,same deal, if u dont have the right last name good luck gettin' out of there on the same day, knight refrigerated and the "DRY Side",the red trucks dont care for each other,got caught up in there BS,in Vegas,my gate card wont work there ,so U had to go inside to get somebody in there to open the gate,that usually pissed them off,then had 3 flats in a 2 week ,period,told the idiot in Phoenix, the tires wouldnt make it,this fool says they got 20,000 more miles left on them, then went inside and got the safety guy ,to look at them ,guess what this clown says the same thing!,beat U out of detention,cheat U out of mlies,and otherwise just lie there asses off,SCREW'EM

tell em dangerous!

Yeah, 16 hrs,waiting for the so-called lumpers to get off there asses, and go to work,just a bunch of south of the border bandits,with a lincense to steal!,another 13 hrs. in salt lake,same deal

My question is, if it took 16 hours waiting why did you not off load it yourself and save the bucks? Also be on your way earlier?

Reefer would be my last choice. I would end up driving the truck right into the building at a grocery warehouse. I really think those places only hire ex government employees.

Anyone have additional questions about refrigerated freight? I find smaller companies pay refeer less and hire unqualified drivers for the job, also depends on the dedicated routes a company gains. Let me know if anyone is looking for great regional routes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread