Just got my.....

CDL permit today!!! Also had the hazmat fingerprint thing done, just have to wait on the FBI but not worried. Added the hazmat and tank endorsement too. Yesterday was the 1st day on the pad, who said this stuff is easy? It was more difficult than I thought. My thigh is a little sore today, the clutch is not nearly a loose as a cars. Can"t wait for tomorrow!!

good luck to you...and like the old joke about getting to Carnegie Hall..???

practice, practice, practice.....you'll get there..!!!

keep us up to date.

Good luck!!! Your gonna get it. It will all click after a little bit. I was gonna quit driving twice. The first time was the first day we had to back up in driving school and the second was the first time I drove through a snow storm. Eventually the backing clicked and I've become good at it and driving through the snow I still get worried but it's more because of the other people around me. I've always said there is no more frightening feeling while being behind the wheel of a truck than seeing a person with a Florida license plate passing you in a snow storm.

Today went a little smoother!! I actually made a backing move from one lane to the other without an instructor telling me every move, yea!!! This is a step forward. I will be on the road for about 2 hours tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Keep of the nice work. I'm a newbie driving bulk tanker. I felt like I wanted to quit a few times myself. I finished my driver training about 2 and half months now. everything is starting to click and my driving is coming together nicely. I still make mistakes, but I love hauling 40 metric tons of cement all day. You'll get the hang of this thing in no time. Now I just got to brace myself for the tough Canadian winter driving season, back and forth from Toronto. Yikes!

Today I drove for about 1 and 1/2 hours. The instructor was impressed! Had a little trouble double clutching but caught on pretty quick.
Figure out the whole double-clutching thing and then, about the time you hit the road on your own, FORGET IT! Well, not entirely. You may still need it for a job at some point... :joke:

Good luck though. It gets "easier" for you as you repeat the right stuff. The only real problem I think most have is backing. Wanna master that? Hire on with a company who delivers for something like Family Dollar stores... That'll learn ya! ;)

After 40+ yrs Drivin' I still get a" Knot" in my Gut every Morning when I turn the Ignition on knowing that I'm taking out a Monster onto Public Roads.that "Knot" reminds me of the responsibility I have to everyone else and I would'nt go anywhere without it.I still make stupid mistakes and if anyone says otherwise he's a liar.we're learning all the time and each Day throws up new hazards that we have to get around {thats called learning}.
The Person who never made a mistake never made anything.Hang on in cause' one Day you will be giving someone else this same little piece of advice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread