• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

JB Hunt Origins: 1927-1990

Mike

Interesting story about how A man and a woman struggled their way to the top of the trucking industry.

i remember when i was in driving school, pretty much only 2 companies hired students.

1) JB Hunt

2) Schneider

but the reputation of JB drivers crashing, was not a company i wanted to work for, much like Swift is notorious for.

so i went to neither company, and started at some long gone now, reefer company.

J.B. Hunt was expanding into Canada when I first got my ticket. I applied but I had no experience so no job for me.
I have talked to drivers that worked for J.B. before they pulled up stakes here in Canada and they say J.B. Hunt was great to work for.

When I was there, they were very strict about the uniforms. I thought it was stupid then, but find myself toying with the notion lately of wearing uniform shirts when out on the road.

Lots of opinions to be had about the company, but no denying they worked their tails off to ultimately build a huge business.

We have uniforms too. Well, shirts & hat. Not like the full on UPS outfit.

I'll work hard and earn my check but a uniform makes me feel owned. I won't be owned. So I seldom wear them. I don't even care if corporate is around. Pretty sure I wasn't wearing one when I was chatting with the VP of the whole shebang.

We have uniforms too. Well, shirts & hat. Not like the full on UPS outfit.

I'll work hard and earn my check but a uniform makes me feel owned. I won't be owned. So I seldom wear them. I don't even care if corporate is around. Pretty sure I wasn't wearing one when I was chatting with the VP of the whole shebang.
Well, that depends on the Company.

When I was there, they were very strict about the uniforms. I thought it was stupid then, but find myself toying with the notion lately of wearing uniform shirts when out on the road.
Well if you get uniforms everyone's should be different 👍
- A quote from Randy Hicky of My name is Earl:rolllaugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread