Indiana officials looking for solution to intersection near truck stop

Mike

RICHMOND, Ind. — A series of fatal accidents and close calls has prompted Wayne County officials to ask lawmakers and state transportation leaders to help find a solution for an intersection near an eastern Indiana truck stop.

A 25-year-old Economy man died in July after he lost control of his vehicle and spun across the median, where he struck a northbound semitrailer.

Witnesses told authorities the semi pulled in front of the vehicle driven by Derek Ramsey, who then passed the truck before swerving back in front of the semi, over-correcting and losing control of his vehicle.
A Williamsburg man died in January 2011 when his pickup was crushed between two semis in the same area.

Wayne County Sheriff Jeff Cappa tells the Palladium-Item (http://pinews.co/1cIflgs ) the root of the problem in both cases appears to be slow-moving semis turning in front of vehicles on the busy highway near the interchange with Interstate 70.

Full Story

There was a fatality in January 2011 and another in July 2013.

Yeah, big epidemic of crashes in that area.

*yawn*

Witnesses told authorities the semi pulled in front of the vehicle driven by Derek Ramsey, who then passed the truck before swerving back in front of the semi, over-correcting and losing control of his vehicle.

It seems to me that the asshole that died, died because of his own stupidity and his temper!
I can see it now.....

Moron dead guy: "Hey! WTF? That truck just cut me off! I'll show him how pissed off I am by swerving in front of him really fast.....

Whooooooooooa!......Crash!"

Lights out time.....C-Ya asshole!

Here's an idea, Indiana.....Why don't you stop giving licenses to retards?

Clearly the four wheeler was irritated by the slow moving truck. They went around and cut back in, In front of the truck and lost control. How far is it from the truck stop to the Interstate 1/4 mile? 1/2 mile? have some patients, The truck will be on the Interstate shortly and you can get down the road.

This is funny! That truck stop is in new Paris, Ohio not Indiana...

As soon as you get off the exit going west and start into 40 east you are right back in Ohio...lol. Pretty sure the fuel tickets even say Ohio..?

This is funny! That truck stop is in new Paris, Ohio not Indiana...

As soon as you get off the exit going west and start into 40 east you are right back in Ohio...lol. Pretty sure the fuel tickets even say Ohio..?
Indeed you are correct. The truck stop is in New Paris Ohio!

They are talking about the Love's off 149. My last receipt shows Richmond, In and I had to enter MC#.

It seems to me that the asshole that died, died because of his own stupidity and his temper!
I can see it now.....

Moron dead guy: "Hey! WTF? That truck just cut me off! I'll show him how pissed off I am by swerving in front of him really fast.....

Whooooooooooa!......Crash!"

Lights out time.....C-Ya asshole!

Here's an idea, Indiana.....Why don't you stop giving licenses to retards?
???

Clearly the four wheeler was irritated by the slow moving truck. They went around and cut back in, In front of the truck and lost control. How far is it from the truck stop to the Interstate 1/4 mile? 1/2 mile? have some patients, The truck will be on the Interstate shortly and you can get down the road.
???

A 25-year-old Economy man died in July after he ...
What's with the political-correctness? Can't they just say he was a cheap bastard? And what's that got to do with the story anyway? huh-lol.gif

Wayne County Sheriff Jeff Cappa tells the Palladium-Item the root of the problem in both cases appears to be slow-moving semis turning in front of vehicles on the busy highway near the interchange with Interstate 70.
Obvious solution. Put a red light there to stop the never-ending flow of cross-traffic.

Oh it's not until guys start stacking up waiting to get in and out, and someone pulls out figuring "F'em they have brakes" and the other guy says "You couldn't have waited 15 seconds for me to get by your slow ass"

People make hasty decisions all the time. Sometimes it leads to a horn blow and some waving, sometimes they off themselves.

People get extremely impatient when they get behind a truck, especially a truck that is just taking off from a stop. Never understood it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread