Impure Thoughts #13: A Horror Story

Sinister

pari animositate
Sinister submitted a new resource:

Impure Thoughts #13: A Horror Story - Slow down in parking lots, stupid!

The blood was soaking through the white cover.

The thunder rumbled softly as the paramedics loaded the gurney with the man’s writhing body on it. He was crying loudly, but would soon be placed under an anesthetic, and be operated on, and probably live.

The pain in his heart would never heal.

The day started out sunny, and bright, but afternoon thunderstorms were inevitability in this part of the country at this time of year. Still, the humidity was stifling, and the man...

Read more about this resource...

The story was well done. I pulled into a truck stop last night and backed it right down. For some reason when I woke up and got fuel and coffee, I caught myself going through the gears, Wait, Back it down R.J. Your in a parking lot.

Nothing looks more douche than going through truck stop way too fast.

To be fair, it's all types of trucks. I see company and O/Os doing this pretty much across the board.
That could be. I see mostly young bucks and big named carriers, Could be rookies, Who knows now days rookies have grey hair. My first OTR truck was a slick looking classic. Parking was never an issue under the old H.O.S. Rules and the I.C.C. You used to roll in real slow so everyone could check out your ride. Things have changed allot.

See all kinds. Then again I see it a lot all over people going faster than they should. Shippers, Receivers, Rest Areas, Truck Stops, Construction Zones, Toll Booths. I often wonder like Sinister why those two or three minutes seem so damned important to them.

See all kinds. Then again I see it a lot all over people going faster than they should. Shippers, Receivers, Rest Areas, Truck Stops, Construction Zones, Toll Booths. I often wonder like Sinister why those two or three minutes seem so damned important to them.
No shit! I pass other trucks and they blow past me in a construction zone. My grand dad owned a construction company, If I ever caught a ticket for speeding in a work zone, My, Uncle, My teacher would beat my ass. hat kind of a dick passes in a work zone. I pass them again on the open road. I glare at them.

It's easy to blame large carriers for all the bad behavior attributed to truckers. They make big targets and, since they have more drivers, you are more likely to see them doing the same stupid shit. The percentage of asshat drivers is constant throughout the industry. I cannot count the number of times I've been passed in construction zones by not-so-well-known companies.

The funniest speeding-in-a-truck-stop I ever saw was this guy with a beautiful Pete and custom-polished reefer trailer trying to back into a spot-and-a-half on my right...Front Royal, VA, I believe it was. Anyway, he couldn't make the back, copped a 'tude and hammered down toward the fuel island...and took the hood off a Land-Air truck that was parked on the end. He hit that old Columbia so hard, he moved the entire tractor over four feet. He took out three rims and the lower rail on his own trailer. So, it's not just the big starter companies.

Last edited:
It's easy to blame large carriers for all the bad behavior attributed to truckers. They make big targets and, since they have more drivers, you are more likely to see them doing the same stupid shit. The percentage of asshat drivers is constant throughout the industry..
Yes indeed! The large carriers are noticed more than the smaller ones. Same as the large trucks on the road are noticed more when they do wrong. I, IMO, think the time has come to regulate. To get respect back.

I have seen this in posts on this board saying, Pissing on the lot is no longer acceptable. Looking like crap and showing up to a customer smelling like crap is not acceptable.

Respect to drivers on this board that say this is not acceptable.

Sorry @Injun the latter part of my post was not directed at you. I just got on a rant.

No shit! I pass other trucks and they blow past me in a construction zone. My grand dad owned a construction company, If I ever caught a ticket for speeding in a work zone, My, Uncle, My teacher would beat my ass. hat kind of a dick passes in a work zone. I pass them again on the open road. I glare at them.

Every summer in Ohio, they close at least two lanes on the turnpike, and put up a million signs that plainly say "Trucks Use Left Lane" and every summer I see morons bopping along on the shoulder swerving back and forth fighting to control their truck because they're driving on what used to be the shoulder.

I pass those morons in a work zone.

Every summer in Ohio, they close at least two lanes on the turnpike, and put up a million signs that plainly say "Trucks Use Left Lane" and every summer I see morons bopping along on the shoulder swerving back and forth fighting to control their truck because they're driving on what used to be the shoulder.

I pass those morons in a work zone.
Yes I get in the left lane when the sign says to do so, I have missed one sign before. I see other truckers in the right lane, OK, They missed the sign. Pass another sign, They are still in the right lane. Third sign same thing.

Ok so they can't read. Honestly they do not notice all the other trucks in the left lane for some reason. That's not normal and should be a clue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread