Ignore Feature On Steroids: Bring it back?

Mike

Staff member
Since we need to get at least one suggestion in here, I will go first.

A while back, I introduced a feature that allowed members to fully ignore other members, to the point of preventing the other member from seeing their content entirely (other than the first post of a thread).

I have a few thoughts on this, but rather than influence the community, I wanted to make this our first suggestion and see if there is overwhelming support to get the feature updated and bring it back, or to do away with it.

Voting this up means you want to bring it back, voting it down means you want to do away with it permanently.

Feel free to comment, but be sure and vote as the vote is the only thing that will be ultimately considered. Consider your comments as "lobbying" for your desired outcome.

Mike

Staff member
For Reference, this is the feature we are voting on.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
one way ignore, is better than all members not seeing what the ignored was saying, regarding anything they post.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
For Reference, this is the feature we are voting on.

I like the nuclear ignore feature but if it is going to cost you a lot of money then I say save your money.

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Since we need to get at least one suggestion in here, I will go first.

A while back, I introduced a feature that allowed members to fully ignore other members, to the point of preventing the other member from seeing their content entirely (other than the first post of a thread).

I have a few thoughts on this, but rather than influence the community, I wanted to make this our first suggestion and see if there is overwhelming support to get the feature updated and bring it back, or to do away with it.

Voting this up means you want to bring it back, voting it down means you want to do away with it permanently.

Feel free to comment, but be sure and vote as the vote is the only thing that will be ultimately considered. Consider your comments as "lobbying" for your desired outcome.
My "philosophy" is that if everybody is so SENSITIVE that half the site is on IGNORE what the heck kinda site would this be..

Afew suggestions for everybody..

1. Take a CHILL PILL ..."Relax"

2. Remember it's just the "Internet" ain't like it really matters just posts and replies has absolutely no standing in "Real Life" rather it's Free Entertainment..

3. Don't take stuff "Personally"

4. If one is that "overly" Sensitive they probably shouldn't be posting crap on the internet in the 1st place

Mike

Staff member
If you haven't already, upvote or downvote the first post so a decision can be made on this.

Mike

Staff member
Looks like we are dead even in votes for and against.

The latest update may be the deciding factor for me, as it now allows me to force two users to ignore each other. I've suggested this to members in the past and ultimately banned a couple that couldn't/wouldn't listen.