If you could do it over again, would you be a trucker

Wore Out

What’s left of an ol highballer
Premium
I didn’t choose to go truckin.......truckin chose me. If I was to check out tomorrow and they put my heart into some New York City bum that couldn’t drive a lawn mower soon as he was healed up he would be headed south to find a Pete and go haul feeder cattle. He wouldn’t know why but that’s what he would do

Electric Chicken

Premium
I didn’t choose to go truckin.......truckin chose me. If I was to check out tomorrow and they put my heart into some New York City bum that couldn’t drive a lawn mower soon as he was healed up he would be headed south to find a Pete and go haul feeder cattle. He wouldn’t know why but that’s what he would do
Lol

corneileous

If I could actually go back to when it all started, I probably would’ve started driving along time ago before when I actually did; or well, I don’t really know if I would’ve or not, because so far my trucking career had been everything that I’ve ever dreamed it would be and I’m happy with how it’s turned out.

Would I have made some changes? I don’t really know because I don’t really regret how things have turned out because even though I did start my career at CR England driving school, I really can’t badmouth them simply on the premise that if you’re somebody who is serious about getting in the industry and want to make something of it, I can’t argue with how they did their training and how I ended up where I am today. Now by saying that, do I agree with their lease program? No, I do not but, me and my ex-wife, we leased a brand new truck for almost the whole three-year time except for just short of a year left until the end of its lease only because we just got tired of being gone, tired of nasty old truck stops and showers, and even though we had a fridge and was totally capable of cooking on the truck, just being ran so ragged that all you really had time for was fast food.

Besides that, we had well over three years experience to where we could go do whatever we wanted in very greener pastures and since it’s no lie that CR England is one of those companies that doesn’t want experienced drivers, they want newbies so they can pay them pennies and pocket a lot more of the profits. We actually did fairly well in our lease truck, hardly had any negative paychecks and when we turned the truck in, we actually got a pretty good chunk of our escrow fund back which is almost impossible… LOL.

When we came off the truck and settled in a new city, we had a couple jobs here and there but long story short, after we had a divorce and went our separate ways, I was able to find a really good job as a rock hauler and I’ve been there ever since for the last eight years this first of May. Couldn’t ask for a better boss… Life is great so, I love what I do and I’m gonna keep on trucking for as long as I can… LOL.

CMT

Premium
I'd be torn to either choose this profession again or get into something horticulture related. I prefer working alone. Not that I'm not a people person, just a natural loner. I was raised around trucking & sometimes I say I wouldn't trade it for the world, then other days I'd give anything to play in the dirt all day with plants. To each his own, I guess. IMO, there's nothing better than spending time alone without the outside world poisoning your mind. I love being alone in this truck, but I also love being alone in a garden. ❤

Electric Chicken

Premium
I'd be torn to either choose this profession again or get into something horticulture related. I prefer working alone. Not that I'm not a people person, just a natural loner. I was raised around trucking & sometimes I say I wouldn't trade it for the world, then other days I'd give anything to play in the dirt all day with plants. To each his own, I guess. IMO, there's nothing better than spending time alone without the outside world poisoning your mind. I love being alone in this truck, but I also love being alone in a garden. ❤
Same. People keep asking me why I don't have a woman.

They can't grasp the concept that we don't all want someone around all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread