Ice Road Truckers

sandmike123

I love this show. I don't know how those guys to it...

I was wanting to start recording this to watch. It sounded very interesting, and very dangerous.

I have been watching this show and I don't see how they do it! I saw a guy about get frost bite in less than two minutes trying to get his air line reconnected... I have to say that I am glad my husband doesn't do that.. I get nervous when he has to drive in the snow ;)

This show scares me silly! But it looks really exciting as well....I'm just glad I get to participate by WATCHING rather than doing this job!

i hate to truck around here in the winter -- those guys are men among men -- i admire what they do

You have to. I mean driving is like taking your life into your own hands lately but to drive on top of frigid waters like that on 38 inches of ice is just insane.

You have to. I mean driving is like taking your life into your own hands lately but to drive on top of frigid waters like that on 38 inches of ice is just insane.

Tell me about it! and some of these guys just get out right excited about it LOL. I mean they really love doing it and I am sure the pay is worth it to some. I saw one get stuck the other night.. I just wonder how the heat off the motor don't melt the ice?

I have not heard of this show. What channel is it on? How long has it been around?

It's on the discovery channel. It's been on for a few months. I hear those guys can make 1 years wages in about 2.5 months. I do not know if I am crazy enough to even attempt to driver a big truck on a frozen lake. :eek:

The engine heat melt the Ice? lol...do you realize that the temp there is between -30 and -55 degrees? The engine heat is nor than 6 inches above the ice, so My best guess would be that the -50 degree temp would freeze a 200 degree fart before it fell 6 inches, if that makes since. It probably doesn't, I just thought it sounded funny!

The engine heat melt the Ice? lol...do you realize that the temp there is between -30 and -55 degrees? The engine heat is nor than 6 inches above the ice, so My best guess would be that the -50 degree temp would freeze a 200 degree fart before it fell 6 inches, if that makes since. It probably doesn't, I just thought it sounded funny!

LOL I don't know how hot I thought a motor would get LOL... Brain glitch.. Didn't think that one through.

I was watching Rick whine about the heater and couldn't help wondering if their mechanic and the one that works for my hubbys company were the same guy. He's forever fixing things and claiming they work when they don't.

Oh and I don't care if hubby could make 3 years worth of money in 2.5 months. He is NOT DOING THAT. I rarely put my foot down...but its down....and it's in cement!

Oh and I don't care if hubby could make 3 years worth of money in 2.5 months. He is NOT DOING THAT. I rarely put my foot down...but its down....and it's in cement!

LOL.... I don't blame ya..... My hubby isn't a driver but I wouldn't want him doing it if he was.

Well I'm not a fan of skinny bridges but at least I figure they will hold....the ice road melts every year. No matter how skinny the bridge, it doesn't melt!

I have never seen this show, we don't have cable at home. But will probably get it in the next few months, I will def. check it out then.

The season finale is one tonight. I read somewhere that they average $60,000 in 3 months time.

I missed it!!! I didn't get it recorded either, great just great.

Can anyone update us on what happened?

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread