Ice Road Truckers (TV Series) Seeking New Cast Member

99% of people on TV have to be communists too, which makes SkateBoard perfect.
what makes skate board a commie. I don't see him driving around in a 80,000 prius:D

I'm a NZer with a NZ class 2 truck licence and under 35, think you could slot me into canada somewhere before I turn 35 next september and lose out on the Working Holiday visa? :D

Remember the first Survivor Series with the naked guy and the dyke woman truck driver from NH? My wife saw an ad for people to participate. I was a big time back packer and have a lot of survival skills. Use to take courses. Camped on Mt. Washington 3 times in the winter. She made me call the number and I put my name in. Next I was given a code number after they accepted me on the initial phone interview.

I would call a number and enter my code number. I had numerous computer telephone interviews. It was 10 questions. Sometimes the questions were preceded by a little story then the question and I was given a choice of answers and I had to push a button on the phone. This went on for maybe 10 different times. I realized half way through that the questions were really all the same. Just a different way of asking and telling the story. ONE topic was about masculine women which I don't like. Dyke's to be specific. I realize now they wanted me and that woman on the show when it came out to clash.

I passed the phone test and two guys came to my house. A person to interview and a camera man. I have the interview video at home but I'll never ever show it to anyone!!!!!!!!!!! Lots was very personal. VCR tape by the way.

I passed that test also and next came the phone call. Come out to California. I was to be given a physical, talk to a physiologist, swimming, skills and other physical tests. They said I had made the cut and if everything went well with this I was in. I was going to have to give up I think 3 months of my time. My wife was pushing me to do it. I was still a software engineer at the lab. My boss said I would have to quit and would not hold my job. I was making a butt load of money and it would have been a little hard on the family. My wife got the bank to delay our mortgage for 3 months. She made pretty good money but not enough. I got scared and turned it down.

My wife and I were COMPLETELY addicted to the series when it came out. I remember a few times we gave up some great opportunities to do things so we could watch the show live. Everyone at work was into it and my friends trying to guess how I would have reacted if it was me. The consensus of opinion was that I would have a lasted a long time due to my ability to provide food but would not have won the contest.

Fun fact about me,

I look Rasta but I despise smoking, pot, cigars, vapes. It don't matter I'm just not a fan of people blowing smoke in my face, neither am I a fan of destroying my health for something I don't need, so far.

I need to post new pics :(

I need to post new pics :(

Why? Did you get a haircut? Sorry Alex, just busting your balls. You do look like a stoner in your other pic and I like picking on you!

I was still a software engineer at the lab. My boss said I would have to quit and would not hold my job. I was making a butt load of money and it would have been a little hard on the family. My wife got the bank to delay our mortgage for 3 months. She made pretty good money but not enough. I got scared and turned it down.

Scared because of the long term risk of losing your job or the the short term finances?

Did they offer compensation for the time you would have invested?

They're doing 6 or 8 of the Outlaws series right up the road in Podunk and in the months leading up to airing there were huge improvements in the abandoned downtown area.
New police station, new pizza restaurant as well as a few other businesses, new sidewalks...
all this in a town with a population of 2,000 and no action whatsoever in the old Main street area.

Plus the bad boy of the series has opened a tat shop where he might do about 2 tats a week.
He and a pal or two just sit in front of the tat shop most days admiring the new Harley's sitting out front.

Once I heard about the series I figured everybody was getting paid but a couple of the business owners in town say that there isn't much in the way of compensation. I dunno why anyone would let them make you look like an ass for the world to see unless they were getting PAID!!

Scared because of the long term risk of losing your job or the the short term finances?
Did they offer compensation for the time you would have invested?

Yes, losing a good job, being away from the family for 3 months although everyone was really edging me on. Yes, there was compensation and that would have been discussed when I made the trip to CA. If I won I think the prize was either $500,000 or $1,000,000. I think there was other compensation depending how far you made it.

I was sitting real pretty at the time and in a real comfy life. The last episode we watched in our time share in St. Lucia.

Lol.....No S***

Loading up in the morning and heading for Texas. I'm sure it will snow when I get there.

Thinking about St. Lucia reminded me of my snorkel trip with a whole bunch of tourists. I had my underwater camera and saw a barracuda under the dive boat. I told everyone and they all came over. It was funny because I was trying to get close but if I got any closer he charged me. The whole group was in back of me. Guess they figured it was safe because he would eat me first. Every time he charged you could hear people scream through their snorkels and they would swim backwards.

barry_zpse5ac7a94.jpg

Thinking about St. Lucia reminded me of my snorkel trip with a whole bunch of tourists. I had my underwater camera and saw a barracuda under the dive boat. I told everyone and they all came over. It was funny because I was trying to get close but if I got any closer he charged me. The whole group was in back of me. Guess they figured it was safe because he would eat me first. Every time he charged you could hear people scream through their snorkels and they would swim backwards.

barry_zpse5ac7a94.jpg

barry_zpse5ac7a94.jpg
That thing gotta Hemi in it......... oh, wrong barracuda

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread