I think Kyocera DuraForce PRO 2 with Sapphire Shield is a good bet for drivers...

JohnPrestonBailey

...or anybody employed in the freight motor carrier profession in America.

People are saying these are MAN phones that are as tough as nails. Many of these pretty
slim phones break if you even so much as sneeze on them I've been told.

Trucking is a tough job and lifestyle and likewise, methinks needs a phone as tough as the tire tread on your Kenworth or Volvo.
Might these phones survive even being run over by your own truck? Who knows? Timex watches once survived the merciless
tire tread of a semi in a TV commercial in the 1970's. The watch was pressed right into the pavement. Pried out and still kept ticking'
after such a brutal lickin'.

I don't know about being sandwiched between rubber and asphalt, but maybe being dropped out of your cab.

The Sapphire Shield comes exclusive from every American trucker's favorite mobile telephone carrier, Verizon.

How tough is your phone?

I would hope that these man phones would even be offered in camo.

Then there is the more expensive CAT phone. It has a Verizon (Enterprise/Business Customer only) carrier option too but this might not work for a company driver.

Are CAT phones any tougher than the Kyocera for the extra money?

Last edited:
...or anybody employed in the freight motor carrier profession in America.

People are saying these are MAN phones that are as tough as nails. Many of these pretty
slim phones break if you even so much as sneeze on them I've been told.

Trucking is a tough job and lifestyle and likewise, methinks needs a phone as tough as the tire tread on your Kenworth or Volvo.
Might these phones survive even being run over by your own truck? Who knows? Timex watches once survived the merciless
tire tread of a semi in a TV commercial in the 1970's. The watch was pressed right into the pavement. Pried out and still kept ticking'
after such a brutal lickin'.

I don't know about being sandwiched between rubber and asphalt, but maybe being dropped out of your cab.

The Sapphire Shield comes exclusive from every American trucker's favorite mobile telephone carrier, Verizon.

How tough is your phone?

I would hope that these man phones would even be offered in camo.

Then there is the more expensive CAT phone. It has a Verizon (Enterprise/Business Customer only) carrier option too but this might not work for a company driver.

Are CAT phones any tougher than the Kyocera for the extra money?

Besides Trucker Path, are there any other specialized truck-driving apps that American OTR drivers who are TOTAL CONTROL FREAKS that are worth having on board? Not arcade games and stuff. I mean serious stuff that is useful for actually navigating the vehicle, illuminating the terrain you find yourself on? If I am hungry for a nice sit-down waitress-served meal, while driving in North Dakota, not just a Subway sandwich, I want advanced technology that will get me there in a hurry!

What about any of these?

CoPilot Truck Navigation
This mobile voice-activated GPS app helps truckers calculate the most efficient route, highlights potential commercial vehicle restrictions based on the type of load you’re hauling and identifies the best route for multi-stop trips. A huge benefit of CoPilot is that the GPS can work offline, saving your data for better activities. CoPilot Truck is available for Android and iPhone and runs about $149.99 for a 1-year subscription.

TruckLogics
Manage your entire trucking business with this app. TruckLogics can handle fleets of any size with multiple pricing packages. The preferred pricing plan is for owner-operators with 1-2 trucks and runs about $19.95 per month. All your records are stored in the cloud giving you 24/7 access to any important documents. Use the application to manage your invoices, dispatches, maintenance and your payroll. Need to send BOL documents? TruckLogics can easily send documents – take a picture on your phone and upload it into the app to send by email. Keep track of your dispatch details, upload your fuel receipts and more. This app makes it easier for owner-operators to manage their business on-the-road.

Big Road
Writing out a log book is so twentieth-century—get Big Road and use their digital logbook program. It cuts down on the human error, saves you time and also comes with an interactive map that can help you limit your time wasted sitting in traffic. The app will automatically calculate available drive time based on your HOS rules.

Fuelbook
Never overpay for diesel gas again. Fuelbook specializes in helping truckers find the best gas prices at over 7,000 gas stations and truck stops nationwide. The pennies saved at the pump can really add up, and the app is free. Give it a try.

Cost Per Mile
Is math not your strong suit? No problem—the cost per mile app keeps track of your all of your trucking business expenses, making sure that you always know what you’re spending per mile so that you can focus on turning a profit.

CamScanner
This app is universally useful for any businessperson—if contracts, receipts or paperwork are bogging you down, get CamScanner and save them in the cloud. Once they’re saved, your documents can be emailed or faxed to whoever you need, wherever you need.

Lose It!
It is really hard for truckers to stay in shape considering their unorthodox work schedule and constant travel. But if you are making a conscious effort to shed some pounds and live a healthier lifestyle, give “Lose It!” a try. Lose It is a program that helps you track your food intake, your workout history and also helps you get connected with other individuals with the same goals or that can help you achieve your own.

Audio Books

Take a guess at what this app does. Yep, it’s blatantly obvious—this app can provide truckers with endless books on tape to purchase for the long rides. And what the app lacks in title-creativity, it makes up for in selection, as it has over 100,000 titles available (2,500+ free of charge).

Allstays
One of the pioneers of online trucking databasing/mapping, Allstays has been helping truckers find the rest stop that they are looking for. With a powerful search feature, truckers can simply type in what type of stop or service that they need to find, and Allstays will point them in the right direction. Whether truckers are looking for a stop that offers laundry, showers, a game room, TripPak or bulk DEF dispensers, the app points them in the right direction. Want to find a truck stop with a particular food option like McDonald’s? NO! GROSS! The app can sort by restaurants too! Table service, Miss Pretty Young Waitress, please! I'll have the grilled chicken and rice with spinach. I'm the slim truck driver who likes a young Jack Lalanne physique.

iExit Trucks
An easy way to identify truck-friendly businesses (and the cheapest diesel prices) at nearly every interstate exit in the United States. iExit is another mobile app that helps truckers find pit stops along any interstate. Find fuel, lodging, shopping, food, healthcare services, auto parts stores and more for every exit on your route.

Waze

Most GPS and interactive mapping programs have dabbled in traffic alerts/navigation in hazardous conditions. Waze simply does it best. With a unique interface that is user-friendly and detailed, this app will tell you exactly what obstacles lie ahead on a particular route and then suggest which alternative you ought to take. It also can send you to the cheapest gas station in your area when it’s time to fill up.

Weather Channel App
A reliable and easy to use weather app. Check the radar and forecast by the hour to know exactly what mother nature has in store for your trek.

Hopefully, this list of the best apps for truckers helps drivers, small fleet owners and owner-operators find some useful smartphone tools for the job. Today, it is easier than ever to operate efficiently in the transportation industry—but are your finances efficient, too? If you are prevented from taking on new business endeavors because of slow-paying shippers and brokers, there is an easy solution— factoring freight bills. Like the multifarious smartphone apps that help truckers run more efficiently, freight factoring provides a dynamic set of financial services that allow companies in the transportation industry to ditch their cash flow problems and focus on expanding their business. With perks like fuel advances, fuel discounts and free credit checks, working with a factoring company can help your trucking business grow.

Trucker Path Pro
Available on Google Play and iTunes, Trucker Path Pro is a comprehensive smartphone app that allows truckers to share the tricks of the trade on an interactive map. Need to know where to park in San Jose? Where to fill up in Cleveland? If so, Trucker Path Pro has got you covered. And now, it is all the more useful, as it has its new Truck Posting feature, which allows you to let brokers know when you are ready to haul a new load wherever you happen to be. This way, brokers can proactively reach out to you.

Last edited:
Ok, now to find a MAN iPhone model that's fit for rugged man things.
Hahaha, damn man you have issue with your masculinity? Put unicorns and gay as **** in big print on it. I don’t care. Still gonna get the job done, and not effect how manly I am in anyway. However.

I have an iPhone 8 Plus in an otter box. Has fallen out of a pocket from the top of a load to the concrete on more than one occasion and hasn’t broke. iPhones are the most water resistant phone on the market without a case on it to protect it. And it will run the apps above. The reason android guys are so Gaga about androids is because yes, they are more customizable. You can buy aftermarket shit to put on them to expand ram, you can also expand storage space, put in different screens and speakers. But I ain’t into tech like that. I need something to run the apps, and play music/audiobooks.

I am team iPhone all the way because it’s so user friendly. Celebrities have billions of dollars and what do they all buy. iPhone if android was so great wouldn’t they buy those? Just sayin.

You want the keyocera go for it. Simply stating my opinion.

Hahaha, damn man you have issue with your masculinity? Put unicorns and gay as **** in big print on it. I don’t care. Still gonna get the job done, and not effect how manly I am in anyway. However.

I have an iPhone 8 Plus in an otter box. Has fallen out of a pocket from the top of a load to the concrete on more than one occasion and hasn’t broke. iPhones are the most water resistant phone on the market without a case on it to protect it. And it will run the apps above. The reason android guys are so Gaga about androids is because yes, they are more customizable. You can buy aftermarket **** to put on them to expand ram, you can also expand storage space, put in different screens and speakers. But I ain’t into tech like that. I need something to run the apps, and play music/audiobooks.

I am team iPhone all the way because it’s so user friendly. Celebrities have billions of dollars and what do they all buy. iPhone if android was so great wouldn’t they buy those? Just sayin.

I’d rock a hot pink iPhone in a hot pink case any day
You’d never lose the dam thing and nobody would steal it

I have an iPhone 8 Plus in an otter box. Has fallen out of a pocket from the top of a load to the concrete on more than one occasion and hasn’t broke. iPhones are the most water resistant phone on the market without a case on it to protect it. And it will run the apps above. The reason android guys are so Gaga about androids is because yes, they are more customizable. You can buy aftermarket **** to put on them to expand ram, you can also expand storage space, put in different screens and speakers. But I ain’t into tech like that. I need something to run the apps, and play music/audiobooks.

Well, here is a drop test:

The bald boy in the drop test states that the iPhone Xs back glass costs $500 to replace should you unfortunately break yours in a real-word situation.

A new iPhone Xs retails for about $1K. The new Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2 Verizon Sapphire Shield retails new for just over $400 and has a much tougher-looking armor housing and a diamond-hard glass screen. Verizon CAT phones are for corporate/business/enterprise customers, not company drivers. My MP3 music library is on Windows Media Player and syncing it is much easier to an Android platform.

Well, here is a drop test:

The bald boy in the drop test states that the iPhone Xs back glass costs $500 to replace should you unfortunately break yours in a real-word situation.

A new iPhone Xs retails for about $1K. The new Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2 Verizon Sapphire Shield retails new for just over $400 and has a much tougher-looking armor housing and a diamond-hard glass screen. Verizon CAT phones are for corporate/business/enterprise customers, not company drivers. My MP3 music library is on Windows Media Player and syncing it is much easier to an Android platform.

Windows media player? Wow, I didn’t know a newer OS would run that....soooo 2005

Why are you planning on dropping your cell phone?
No, but accidents do happen. These damn things are too expensive to replace all the time.
Back in 2009, I knew a man, a PTSD marine veteran in his early 50's, who bought a new Blackberry, now there's an antique, every payday because he lost his on the bus constantly. His mind was shot. I think they were close to $300 even back then. The brand Blackberry was my first knowledge of any such thing as a SMARTPHONE. Before that it was MagicJack and before that it was TracFone.

Last edited:
Celebrities have billions of dollars and what do they all buy.
I don't give a flying rat's ass what celebrities do with their money.
Yeah, like I said my masculinity ain’t in question. No matter what my phone or purse looks like. 🤣🤣🤣
It'll be called into question if you have a purse. 🙄

But if you just want to troll and confuse people, put a Harley Davidson, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Mack, Snap-on, Matco or Budweiser logo on it.
:stirpot2:

Windows media player? Wow, I didn’t know a newer OS would run that....soooo 2005

Yes, here is even how to do it:

Caveat: Be sure your phone allows you to play digital music copied from your PC. That the phone has no copy-guard crap built into it. Scott S at Kyocera Chat has assured me that the Duraforce Pro 2 will allow mp3 music to be transferred to it and played. The phone is not copy-guarded, in other words, forcing you to subscribe only to certain music resources. I only like to listen to the music I already own in my home mp3 library and want it right there in the cab when I become a professional driver.

Chances are millions of people worldwide as I do, still have vast music collections in Window Media Player.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread