I must be losing it

Duck

Talks to Mice
Supporter
I could say some things but that would make me look like supreme dictator asshole material like when you get to trolling. I have a daughter who’s bio mom is a junkie. Any pills or powders she can get her hands on. It makes me sick thinking about the damage she does to her children.
We've got people who see the damage this stuff does, and want to employ "supreme dictator asshole" methods to stop it.

And we've got the anarchist types who want heroin and stuff to be legal and totally unregulated.

And everyone else's views are spread out everywhere between those two extremes.

I dunno. It's easier to propose radical solutions than it is to put them in practice.

I don't want to say too much in light of what Birchy is going through

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
We've got people who see the damage this stuff does, and want to employ "supreme dictator asshole" methods to stop it.

And we've got the anarchist types who want heroin and stuff to be legal and totally unregulated.

And everyone else's views are spread out everywhere between those two extremes.

I dunno. It's easier to propose radical solutions than it is to put them in practice.
This is true.

Sinister

You know what, Stuart? I like you!
Staff member
Supporter
And people thought cigarette ads made people addicts. Pushing opioids on public television is ok though.

Used to be that 4 out of 5 doctors preferred Camel cigarettes.

Both industries have been given a green light by the government up until a certain point.

Which is why anyone who thinks a large, over reaching government has the ability or desire to be in any way benevolent is a moron.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Premium
Used to be that 4 out of 5 doctors preferred Camel cigarettes.

Both industries have been given a green light by the government up until a certain point.

Which is why anyone who thinks a large, over reaching government has the ability or desire to be in any way benevolent is a moron.
A small and imputant gubbermint that has no resources would do better? I think not.

This is more a situation where the huge profits from drug sales allowed them to bribe contribute campaign funds to federal legislators to hobble DEA investigations and prevent reforms that would have changed the course of the epidemic.

Sinister

Staff member
Supporter
A small and imputant gubbermint that has no resources would do better? I think not.

This is more a situation where the huge profits from drug sales allowed them to bribe contribute campaign funds to federal legislators to hobble DEA investigations and prevent reforms that would have changed the course of the epidemic.

If there’s no accountability, integrity or ethics the size of the government is irrelevant.

But larger governments always have more corruption.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Premium
If there’s no accountability, integrity or ethics the size of the government is irrelevant.

But larger governments always have more corruption.
So we should hobble ourselves, become little more than a shell of ourselves just to satisfy your need to pretend that the government is corrupt through and through?

A collection of 50 warring little fifedoms with no one steering the direction of the ship of state is a house divided against itself.

Nomad1

Forum
So we should hobble ourselves, become little more than a shell of ourselves just to satisfy your need to pretend that the government is corrupt through and through?

A collection of 50 warring little fifedoms with no one steering the direction of the ship of state is a house divided against itself.
The gubment is corrupt through and through. Even the gubment doesn't argue this anymore. They just say the others in the gubment are more corrupt. Have you been living under a rock for the past 10 yrs?

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK

State and national level are divided against themselves. How deep is your head buried in the sand? I am surprised the modern civil war hasn’t started.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Premium
The gubment is corrupt through and through. Even the gubment doesn't argue this anymore. They just say the others in the gubment are more corrupt. Have you been living under a rock for the past 10 yrs?
State and national level are divided against themselves. How deep is your head buried in the sand? I am surprised the modern civil war hasn’t started.
You can't show objective evidence to prove that, because it doesn't exist. Sure, government is inefficient, but privatization is worse. Yes, graft and corruption do exist, but on the scale you suggest is ludicrous.

Nomad1

Forum
You can't show objective evidence to prove that, because it doesn't exist. Sure, government is inefficient, but privatization is worse. Yes, graft and corruption do exist, but on the scale you suggest is ludicrous.
Did you watch the impeachment? It literally proved it. They all glossed over their own corruption to try to get us to focus on the other parties corruption. You can look at the net worth of politicians before entering office and then 10 or 20 yrs later. To grow that much wealth on their income is impossible if you are doing it legally and morally. The gubment is corrupt through and through.

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Did you watch the impeachment? It literally proved it. They all glossed over their own corruption to try to get us to focus on the other parties corruption. You can look at the net worth of politicians before entering office and then 10 or 20 yrs later. To grow that much wealth on their income is impossible if you are doing it legally and morally. The gubment is corrupt through and through.
His brain was put in the Maytag long ago.

Sinister

Staff member
Supporter

Not that @Nomad1 would agree but privatization is ALWAYS better.

NASA vs SpaceX advancements for example. Maybe Virgin enterprises is a better example given Elon’s affinity for subsidies.

Whatever.

Innovation and progress can not occur under heavy regulation.

Regarding the topic through, we all agree government complacency and corruption have directly affected the amount of opioid addicted people.

So what the hell are you arguing about this time?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Premium
Not that @Nomad1 would agree but privatization is ALWAYS better.

NASA vs SpaceX advancements for example. Maybe Virgin enterprises is a better example given Elon’s affinity for subsidies.

Whatever.

Innovation and progress can not occur under heavy regulation.

Regarding the topic through, we all agree government complacency and corruption have directly affected the amount of opioid addicted people.

So what the hell are you arguing about this time?
Right... So all the rural counties that have lost emergency medical services because the private companies that took over ambulance services, then shut them down because they aren't turning a profit are "better off."

Duck

Talks to Mice
Supporter
Right... So all the rural counties that have lost emergency medical services because the private companies that took over ambulance services, then shut them down because they aren't turning a profit are "better off."
Or the water department on many small towns in Illinois sold to private companies. The very first thing they do is jack up the rates.