I bought a new Samsung note 20 ultra

The most important thing to remember about cell phones these days is that you shouldn't get all jazzed about the newest one coming out.

Theres going to be 52 things you don't like about it in a year or so.

Just like the last one you had.

People who talk endlessly about cellphones that are not the people who design them really need a life.

They're like cat ladies.

You're being ripped off. They're charging God awful amounts and giving as little as possible for your money.

That's what you should remember.

The most important thing to remember about cell phones these days is that you shouldn't get all jazzed about the newest one coming out.

People who talk endlessly about cellphones that are not the people who design them really need a life.

They're like cat ladies.

You're being ripped off. They're charging God awful amounts and giving as little as possible for your money.

Yeah I used to be a smartphone nut but then I got responsibilities. Anymore I'm cool with hanging onto one until it breaks. It just needs to be fast enough to be productive.

They're like cat ladies.

For me, I’m simply looking to get something that plays better with Google. Probably end up with the Google Pixel now that I am returning the Samsung.

Reason being, my company email runs through google, company phone runs through google, and I’m transitioning to where all my docs are on a google drive. Apple tries to make doing all of this as difficult as possible.

Thanks for the warning. I saw an ad for the Samsung note 20. I was thinking I want that.
I am not sure how good our 5G network is. I live in the city so it should be good but I want a phone I can use anywhere.
I will stick with my Galaxy S9
do you know what bands of spectrum there using up there mid to low band or millemeter wave like verizon is using down here. both have pro's and cons to em. are they giving away 5G service for zero charge or are they charging for it. how penetraited is the area will you loose 5G when going around a corner. that's what would make me hold off. and as time goes by phones will get cheaper with faster 5G modems in them ;) ..

AT&T LTE coverage is actually quite good.
but there customer service sucks most of the time since there overseas and can't understand english!!! worst company i have ever dealt with in my life!!! every so often you get an merican that knows what there doing but 99% of the time you'll get a twat waffle with rocks for brains. i spent 3 hours on the phone with em for something that should have took no more than 15 mins to take care of. that's what you get when you hire cheap labor!!!

but there customer service sucks most of the time since there overseas and can't understand english!!!

Every customer service person I spoke with was out of an office in Texas. Each one spoke and understood English perfectly.

How often have you dealt with AT&T lately?

Every customer service person I spoke with was out of an office in Texas. Each one spoke and understood English perfectly.

i have spoke with the csr's yesturday. one was in a third world country and was clueless as to what i was saying :rolleyes: . hung up then i got a guy in miami and he took care of eveything as well he knew what i was saying since he was an ex directv employee before the merger.. that made all of the difference in the world:). there was one time i spent 2 hours on the phone because the rep was clueless

Zero. They nuked their bridge with me over 20 years ago.

AT&Ts approach to 5G will be a millstone around their corporate neck in a few years.
kinda hard not to deal with ATT if you have directv. there's work arounds for that though. just threaten to start filing complaints against em and that gets there asses moving;)

So they were all carpet baggers from the midwest? 🤔

We're the only ones on the planet who can speak English properly. Everyone else has a funny accent. 😁

Ordered the Google Pixel 4a today. Estimated delivery is October 8.

it’s a $349 smartphone. A little less on features, no wireless charging, and no facial recognition.

But perfect for someone who primarily uses Google apps for most things.

it’s a $349 smartphone. A little less on features, no wireless charging, and no facial recognition.

I have a wireless charger in my bedroom. It's nice but not a game changer.

I've got the Pixel 3a. It charges pretty fast, it's a decent phone but I'm not a fan of touchscreens for the most part when texting.

dealt with em this morning. after calling about 10 times i got someone in montanna:cool:

AT&Ts approach to 5G will be a millstone around their corporate neck in a few years.
will att be around in 20 years it seems there biggest complaints are with customer service

Last time I dealt with "AT&T" was over 15 years ago when it was still "Cingular" I remember not being too impressed with Cingular. Long story short I probably have nothing relevant to add here.

Last time I dealt with "AT&T" was over 15 years ago when it was still "Cingular" I remember not being too impressed with Cingular. Long story short I probably have nothing relevant to add here.
Buying Cingular was how AT&T got back into cellphones (digital this time,) after they sold off their analog network. Changing it to the AT&T system was a whole 'nuther nightmare.

Phone showed up last week. Swapped out the sim card from my iphone when I got home on Friday, and finally got around to figuring out the phone a little today.

Took a little searching to figure out how to go back or forward in a web browser.

A little bit of a learning curve after being trapped in iphone hell for so long, but quickly getting used to the Android system again.

Loving how everything is geared toward Google products, so I can much more easily deal with downloading rate cons and saving files now right to Google drive, rather than having to email myself and storing stuff on my laptop.

The iphone is now merely an ELD monitor, and running off of my keeptruckin wifi. Only mistake there is I didn't turn off auto updates and the phone did an upgrade and almost maxed out my wifi quota for the month in one night.

Fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone is pure genius.

And not sure why, but every app I use seems to be a little different now with Android. Different as in the operate better and often have more features than with ios.

Also like being able to have the app for the forum now.

Don't think I will ever buy another high end phone through at&t or verizon. Much better to get the phone without them hijacking it with their software and tracking crap.

Probably won't get another high end phone, period. This phone does everything I need, for $800 less.

what are the pros and cons with the app???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread