Hows the Dry Vans Freight right now? Good or bad?

Viceroy

I wanted to get a feel of what some of the other drivers out there who pull a Dry Van are thinking of the Dry Van freight market right now. Good, or bad? Personally I think it's only getting worse and I would have figured the holiday freight would have kicked in by now but that doesn't seem to be happening just yet.

- Jonathan

Just gotta know what to look for. Was finding loads today no issue for vans only that paid good enough I'd have bounced 200 miles for them.

First time I've used my reefer this week. And its a 30 degree load.

West Coast port pukes are slowing things down again.
Yeah. The Chanxzhiaxiang Corporation can't get their products delivered to Walmart.

hillbillies.jpg

But don't worry... when it eventually makes it to the Walmart in Princeton, WV, they'll have a lot of stuff to sell in a short time so they'll sell it all real cheap. It'll be a Walmart shop-o-rama..

2014-11-12 09.20.55.jpg

See, there's still something for loyal Walmart customers to be happy about. Just look at that smile.

Trucking market in general has become really competitive since n number of Transportation companies and freight brokers have cropped up in the space. Yet if you are driving for a well-established transported you are going to earn good commission based on your mileage or piece of work. Since, you haven’t mentioned who you drive for, I presume you are not working for some transporter who has work.

Hi Jonathan, i see you are on the broker side of things. i am an open decker but sometimes pull for an agent who gets UPS christmas freight. he has a list of drivers but has not called yet. maybe after thanksgiving. i hope things pick up for u.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread