How many miles did you drive today?

296.3 from Monksville TA to Charlotte then up to Winston-Salem for next load.

Ultimate Designation Beckley Service Plaza off the WV Turnpike.

Had it up 2 here for one day with all the other morons gonna leave out 1:30 / 2am so I can get the better part of my miles in while the retards are still in bed sleeping.

Last edited:
Then they call and ask me why I was late.

I always act surprised and gosh I thought it was for however many hours later or that time tommorow
I am late all the time. Actually, I am not late! I no longer choose to participate in daylight savings time!

419.3 from Bluefield WV to Whitestone Indiana.

This place is only open 7 to 3 and I have no further dispatch yet so I'm knocking off here and get me a shower before it expires tommorow.

Then if I leave really early I got 277 miles to go and enough time to take a 2 hour nap to stop my clock

419.3 from Bluefield WV to Whitestone Indiana.

This place is only open 7 to 3 and I have no further dispatch yet so I'm knocking off here and get me a shower before it expires tommorow.

Then if I leave really early I got 277 miles to go and enough time to take a 2 hour nap to stop my clock
Add an extra 1/2 mile or so a guy with an old junky smoky really loud reefer unit pulled next to me so I circled the lot afew times and found a new spot.

Atleast on 1 side I am with the grass but it's a much longer walk inside the store.

And my luck lately Mr APU or worse the asshole who made his own out of a lawn mower engine will take the other side.

Last edited:
Makes up for yesterday huh
I dunno the truck did great but I had to hammer down almost the entire time. I don't like that kind of running.

Got lucky on the way back though. 37k going to California and the VA scale just turned its lights off as I got near. Wasn't even close to gross but you really can't be sure what those individual axles look like.

37 was the most I've had in it so far and it pulled real good. I was pleased.

I dunno the truck did great but I had to hammer down almost the entire time. I don't like that kind of running.

Got lucky on the way back though. 37k going to California and the VA scale just turned its lights off as I got near. Wasn't even close to gross but you really can't be sure what those individual axles look like.

37 was the most I've had in it so far and it pulled real good. I was pleased.
Yesterday both North Carolina and Virginia were closed.

Both those states are usually open too.

Hadda light load both ways anyhow but they still like to pull us back for "Inspection" for some reason.

I've been talking to other guys and learning why our Pre-Pass don't work half the time.

Been some wrecks I guess drove safety score down.

I've been talking to other guys and learning why our Pre-Pass don't work half the time.

Are they still pulling in trucks just based on their scores in a world of everyone gets a participation trophy?
They should be handing out CVSA stickers like Oprah Winfrey gives away cars.

Yesterday both North Carolina and Virginia were closed.

Both those states are usually open too.

Hadda light load both ways anyhow but they still like to pull us back for "Inspection" for some reason.

It’s based off your ISS score.

If your score is that low...

I’d start rethinking the people I work with.

No, it’s not public information, you have to get it from your safety department.

It’s based off your ISS score.

If your score is that low...

I’d start rethinking the people I work with.

No, it’s not public information, you have to get it from your safety department.

I'm sitting at 58 (insufficient data). Guessing the number will go up a bit from there until they finally pull me in again. I get a red light occasionally, but they send me on through.

Yeah, Costco has a thing about no work-in and the load can only be booked in for the next day if it is late.
I took flowers to 5 Costcos last week. 4 of them in the "GTA".

1 of them treated me like a human being was decent and reasonable.

2 of them swore I had an "appointment" for much later. I don't need an "appointment" to walk in and put 3 carts on your dock.

4 of them tried to get me to take their plethora of empties when we were specifically told not to.

1 acted like I wasn't qualified to operate a door or dock plate.

AND 1 thought I was gonna take the crap back after I told him I'm not taking empties. Wanted to get all nasty until his boss came and told him in certain terms that he's an idiot once he asked me who I work for.

**** Costco.
**** Toronto.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread