How many miles did you drive today?

592 yesterday, 552 today. 90 miles from delivery tomorrow. Could have gotten closer, but had just enough hours on my recap to get there, and only picking up 6 and 4 over the next two days, so no need in worrying about trying to be too busy tomorrow.
You keep coming up short. Is there something wrong with your truck? Or you?

About 200 today, too lazy to go look at the actual total right now.

I learned today that Kohler in Huntsville, AL is one of the worst places to pick up a load. That is a warehouse full of people who have zero interest in working. The woman checking me in had zero interest in doing her job. Pretty sure she spent 10 minutes on her phone before finally being bothered enough to walk over and see if I signed in. Should have dealt with the same woman when I checked out 7 hours later, but instead she sit at her desk on her phone again, refused to bring me my paperwork, and after about 10 minutes, it was shift change and she clocked out and left.

These people literally tried to force me to pull out of the dock before getting my paperwork because other drivers needed the dock. Yard dog moron followed me into the shipping office, to the point of raising his voice, demanding that I move out of the dock. That didn't go over well at all.

Then, 2nd shift proceeded to start a meeting, right in front of me and 3 other drivers who were trying to sign in to get loaded. Supervisor failed to get through that meeting, as I refused to shut up until getting my paperwork.

this place is an absolute shit hole.

About 200 today, too lazy to go look at the actual total right now.

I learned today that Kohler in Huntsville, AL is one of the worst places to pick up a load. That is a warehouse full of people who have zero interest in working. The woman checking me in had zero interest in doing her job. Pretty sure she spent 10 minutes on her phone before finally being bothered enough to walk over and see if I signed in. Should have dealt with the same woman when I checked out 7 hours later, but instead she sit at her desk on her phone again, refused to bring me my paperwork, and after about 10 minutes, it was shift change and she clocked out and left.

These people literally tried to force me to pull out of the dock before getting my paperwork because other drivers needed the dock. Yard dog moron followed me into the shipping office, to the point of raising his voice, demanding that I move out of the dock. That didn't go over well at all.

Then, 2nd shift proceeded to start a meeting, right in front of me and 3 other drivers who were trying to sign in to get loaded. Supervisor failed to get through that meeting, as I refused to shut up until getting my paperwork.

this place is an absolute shit hole.
Wow that is bad. Places like that make me hate trucking.

Wow that is bad. Places like that make me hate trucking.
Oh, and to top it off.

I had ratchet straps hanging in the back of the trailer. Neatly hung and ready for use. Instead of using them, they put those dumbass sticky things on the walls of the trailer that hold a 2x4 as a load lock. 2x4 isn't even touching the single pallet on the back.

I almost climbed in the trailer a secured with my straps anyway. Instead, Imma laugh my ass off if the shit falls.

Oh, and to top it off.

I had ratchet straps hanging in the back of the trailer. Neatly hung and ready for use. Instead of using them, they put those dumbass sticky things on the walls of the trailer that hold a 2x4 as a load lock. 2x4 isn't even touching the single pallet on the back.

I almost climbed in the trailer a secured with my straps anyway. Instead, Imma laugh my ass off if the shit falls.
I also hate those damned things. One place tried to make me remove them. I said you do it if it's that important.

Busy day today. Only had 8.5 hours to work with, but managed to get 557 miles down the road. Had 4 minutes left on my 70 when I parked.

7.5 hours to work with tomorrow, 220 to get to delivery. Very little chance I will be doing anything after my 0800 delivery. Not ruling another load out though.

Likely parked for the night.

37 miles to delivery and have a decent enough parking spot for the night.

Deliver, Get a truck wash and go home for the weekend in the morning.

320. Anymore than that is working too hard. Deliver my load and reload for the next day. Some days i deliver, pick and deliver in the same day but not too often. That usually means a 14hr + day with less than 400mi

320. Anymore than that is working too hard. Deliver my load and reload for the next day. Some days i deliver, pick and deliver in the same day but not too often. That usually means a 14hr + day with less than 400mi
My miles per load for the last year have been insanely high. usually, I leave home on Sunday or Monday, do a few loads, and back home on Friday/Saturday.

For the last several months, almost a year, that has changed. Still home weekly for the most part, but loads got longer.

Currently, I have ben from home (northwest arkansas) to califonia and back twice, and now headed to Texas for another fairly long delivery. Damn near three weeks by the time I get home.

Had no intentions of running these long loads or staying out this long. Had no need to do it. The market just pulled me into it I guess. I will always bid on a couple long loads, always with large numbers. Lately, those numbers just hit before I find anything else, and the loads out of west coast are so nice that it makes it that much easier. Freight has been really weird or the last year or so.

My miles per load for the last year have been insanely high. usually, I leave home on Sunday or Monday, do a few loads, and back home on Friday/Saturday.

For the last several months, almost a year, that has changed. Still home weekly for the most part, but loads got longer.

Currently, I have ben from home (northwest arkansas) to califonia and back twice, and now headed to Texas for another fairly long delivery. Damn near three weeks by the time I get home.

Had no intentions of running these long loads or staying out this long. Had no need to do it. The market just pulled me into it I guess. I will always bid on a couple long loads, always with large numbers. Lately, those numbers just hit before I find anything else, and the loads out of west coast are so nice that it makes it that much easier. Freight has been really weird or the last year or so.
You just like riding in that fancy new truck so much you don't wanna get out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread