How many miles did you drive today?

I got no issue using a 25T crane
Just hook them straps ta what yer pullin' and sumthin' stout... then hit th' gas. That'll take care of it!

:thumbsup:

Just hook them straps ta what yer pullin' and sumthin' stout... then hit th' gas. That'll take care of it!

:thumbsup:
I had to do that once

Went to deliver a mower deck that mounted on a 3-point to a house. Sum'bitchin crate weighed 2000 lbs and I couldnt move it, let alone rassle it off the truck on a liftgate

Said to the homeowner only way this is happenin is if you call Joe Schmoe's towing around the corner and have em send a rollback. Lady said **** that. So I took a quick looksee around, spied a good strong tree and a length of rope... and said no prob I got a plan, sign here please.

Got a automograph.... the lil lady went back inside. I backed up to the tree, tied one end of the rope around it, the other end to the crate, jumped back in the truck and sank spur

Dayum what a helluva noise that was :eek-64: :biglaugh:

Folks need to think before they shop on the interwebz

Last edited:
493 and spent some of the day in Brampton. I'm waiting to cross the boarder. I have 5.30 Cdn hours to drive and -11.83 US. You figure it out. It's beyond me.
Is yer US drivin hours figured from when ya leave the place in Canada or when ya cross over?

It starts the same time the Cdn hours do. Except I drove overnight and some during the day, had a few hours off, only because I couldn't stay awake any longer. The 10 off to cross the border will put me back on days and not nights.
How many minutes are in a metric hour?

493 and spent some of the day in Brampton. I'm waiting to cross the boarder. I have 5.30 Cdn hours to drive and -11.83 US. You figure it out. It's beyond me.
You're over your American 70 but not the Canadian one? That one has bit me in the ass a lot. Also that about having a day off every 14 when I had bounced around the states a while on recaps then came back over the border

Last time you checked you weren't on my pay schedule. It's not straight mileage like OTR.

Even so it sucked to work that hard. So I didn't do it long.
70 on-duty hours are calculated the same way for any CDL holder. Unless of course, you're logging illegally.

459, and a drop in Cheyenne. Taking care of biz in Denver.

Drove up to check out where I unload.

There are now 12 trucks on-site to unload in the morning.

I have the first scheduled lift time of all the trucks here.

They must have a really long pair of jumper cables.

20201025_180041.jpg

No idea why they've got their hoods open though. 🤔

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread