• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

How does FedEx treat it's drivers?

KINGDOM99

I'm a student, and I'm eight days from taking my CDL, Flatbedding would be my 1st choice but looking over Fedex's benefits package has got me thinking of them as a possible option. Plus, They have a terminal right in my area. Meaning, hopefully, home time. Anyone, work for them? And can you tell me how they treat their drivers. Thanks in advance for any info or advice.

They all want experience to start with.

Freight does treat their drivers like ****, they are asking for a union to come in. They handed out crappy raises this year and they pull doubles and triples. If you plan on working there, you will need to know how to hook and break a set as they road test with doubles. Estes Express does the same thing for city, road, and utility drivers. The way they see it is, if they need you to run a set real quick, you will be able to do it. Freight also runs newer equipment. I see new T660s all over the place and they run Cummins which is a great engine.

All stuff you should consider before going to a company.

Ground is mostly OO's. Some OO's might contract a driver on a 1099 to run for them but I would recommend you stay away from that as a noOb.

Express drivers are the best kept secret at FedEx Express. Only problem, they like to hire their drivers from the inside and rarely go outside. You would have to start as a package handler working in their warehouse before they would hire you as a driver. Some locations might be different but it seemed pretty standard across the board. I worked for Express and their benefits were phenomenal. They also don't invest in their equipment like Freight does. Express is actually considered an airline, not a trucking company. UPS and Express have been battling for years about this. UPS wants them to join the Teamsters so if UPS goes on strike, FedEx can't come in and take their business. All politics but note worthy in my opinion.

Like I stated above, you need experience before any of these companies will hire you.

Also, every FedEx company is different. They all have different benefits packages, pay packages and operations. Good luck.

Fedex is hiring students. We had a recruiter come to our school. It was for freight. They said you have to drive as a team for two years(kinda uncomfortable with that) before you can drive solo. Someone pointed me towards ATS as they do flatbeds and have a terminal in Gary, Indiana. I live in Chicago.

Fedex is hiring students. We had a recruiter come to our school. It was for freight. They said you have to drive as a team for two years(kinda uncomfortable with that) before you can drive solo. Someone pointed me towards ATS as they do flatbeds and have a terminal in Gary, Indiana. I live in Chicago.

Is that 2 years' team requirement only for noobs? I mean, ... what if somebody like me who has 8 years verifiable experience, some of that with doubles/triples, wants to hire on but doesn't want to run teams? Teams are completely & totally out of the question for me. I won't do it. It takes me 5 hours to fall asleep in a moving truck, even with Unisom.

@Sinister worked for ATS a while back. Maybe he will pop in here and throw in his .02¢.

This thread is about FedEx though.

Looks liken you skim as badly as I do Duckie.

No. You weren't the first to mention ATS, ... didn't say you were. Just mentioned the thread is about FedEx.

Not as bad as I did on this thread. http://www.truckersforum.net/forum/...htliner-glider-kit-harrison-6.html#post322001

And why does everyone call him duckie? When I hear the name Duckie I think of this dude from Pretty in Pink.

View attachment 6896

He was the epitome of 80's queer. I don't correlate our very own Rubber Duck to that homo.

When he calls me Duckie I always think of the weird British guy who plays Dr. Mallard in NCIS.

He actually does kind of look like a duck with that nose.

View attachment 18101
View attachment 18101

Not as bad as I did on this thread. http://www.truckersforum.net/forum/...htliner-glider-kit-harrison-6.html#post322001

And why does everyone call him duckie? When I hear the name Duckie I think of this dude from Pretty in Pink.

View attachment 6896

He was the epitome of 80's queer. I don't correlate our very own Rubber Duck to that homo.

As far as I know, I am the only one who refers to Mr. Duck as Duckie. It just depends on how I feel about my response to him. I have used "Duck", "Mr. Duck", "Duckie", and "The Duck", and probably some other forms too. I don't intend any disrespect, it is more like how people relate to each other when they have become good friends.

Kinda like you might do with a brother or sister, you know?

When he calls me Duckie I always think of the weird British guy who plays Dr. Mallard in NCIS.

He actually does kind of look like a duck with that nose.

View attachment 18102

He sure does look like a duck. Or perhaps a Mallard?

As far as I know, I am the only one who refers to Mr. Duck as Duckie. It just depends on how I feel about my response to him. I have used "Duck", "Mr. Duck", "Duckie", and "The Duck", and probably some other forms too. I don't intend any disrespect, it is more like how people relate to each other when they have become good friends.

Kinda like you might do with a brother or sister, you know?

Oh I know you didn't intent any disrespect. Just bustin' balls my friend. :bootyshake:
View attachment 18102

I am extremely happy with my Fed Ex job. I have the best of all trucking worlds. I make great money, get home often, and have a say in where i go and how long I am out. If something is wrong with my truck, my boss has it fixed immediately. I can take off anytime I want, as long as I find someone to cover for me. There is somebody always willing. We all work well together...

I was a little apprehensive about coming over to Fed Ex at first, I had negative preconceived notions. I couldn't be happier with my job...

I make great money, and have lots of time off to spend it! Just bought a pick up yesterday! Woo hoo!

I am extremely happy with my Fed Ex job. I have the best of all trucking worlds. I make great money, get home often, and have a say in where i go and how long I am out. If something is wrong with my truck, my boss has it fixed immediately. I can take off anytime I want, as long as I find someone to cover for me. There is somebody always willing. We all work well together...

I was a little apprehensive about coming over to Fed Ex at first, I had negative preconceived notions. I couldn't be happier with my job...

I make great money, and have lots of time off to spend it! Just bought a pick up yesterday! Woo hoo!

And what about [MENTION=7096]Mr. Q[/MENTION]?

Hmmmmm???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread