How do you spend your home time?

I'm assuming it was a cruiser, those things are the most dangerous.

I remember taking my learner's class on 600's back in the 80's. One lady was on a cruiser like v-star 650 (but much older model), she ended up failing the class because it wasn't nimble enough to turn at low speed (or she didn't have good sense of balance). Those things are hard to turn (big turn radius), low ground clearance (pegs scrape the road), and slow to accelerate & brake (heavy for the sized brakes). Riding those Harley's like driving a semi-truck (I'd assume), slow and easy...
:rolllaugh3:

I had a Shadow 750 when I was in my upper teens, early 20's. I rode it everywhere, even dirtbike trails. Drunk or sober, I could throw that thing into a curve or corner just as well as the guys on the crotch rocket guys who had more bike than they knew what to do with. In fact many of those guys couldn't even keep up with me unless I was on a straight stretch of road.

Nothing's as maneuverable as the little 1973 Honda CB125 I had before it though. (Actually I still have it but it doesn't run & I don't know what happened to the front wheel.) THAT thing was like riding a bicycle.

:rolllaugh3:

I had a Shadow 750 when I was in my upper teens, early 20's. I rode it everywhere, even dirtbike trails. Drunk or sober, I could throw that thing into a curve or corner just as well as the guys on the crotch rocket guys who had more bike than they knew what to do with. In fact many of those guys couldn't even keep up with me unless I was on a straight stretch of road.

Nothing's as maneuverable as the little 1973 Honda CB125 I had before it though. (Actually I still have it but it doesn't run & I don't know what happened to the front wheel.) THAT thing was like riding a bicycle.

Actually, shadow 750 is a standard bike not a cruiser. It has much higher CG, ground clearance, and power to weight ratio.

Thank you... Unfortunately not all Jobs can be done with Pallets...that particular Job was all Purchased Lumber , the majority of our Pallets would be only 6' x 4' so not any use for Beams / Posts...I have several Photos of "Pallet" Jobs and will try to put them up later...
ahh, yeah the wood looked real nice from the picture. But still a fine workmanship nonetheless.

Actually, shadow 750 is a standard bike not a cruiser. It has much higher CG, ground clearance, and power to weight ratio.
Well how do you define "cruiser"?

That shadow was an '83 model. About the size and general shape & styling of a Harley Sportster except it was made entirely out of rice, according to most Harley owners.

Stopped by the bike shop today.

Raider 1900, c90 boulevard and a couple other bikes had my eye. Wife is looking at a couple different bikes including the s40 boulevard

Well how do you define "cruiser"?

That shadow was an '83 model. About the size and general shape & styling of a Harley Sportster except it was made entirely out of rice, according to most Harley owners.
Wiki-it, it should give you some idea.

I'd like to think of it this way: when you are sitting on it and if it feels like a couch, then it's a cruiser. It should have highway pegs, monkey bars, etc. If it feels like you are sitting on a classroom desk paying attention, then it's a standard.

Wiki-it, it should give you some idea.

I'd like to think of it this way: when you are sitting on it and if it feels like a couch, then it's a cruiser. It should have highway pegs, monkey bars, etc. If it feels like you are sitting on a classroom desk paying attention, then it's a standard.
I think you're confusing cruisers with touring bikes.

I think you're confusing cruisers with touring bikes.
It's pretty clear in my mind which is which. If you don't know the difference: while cruisers are comfortable, it's hard to ride them day in and day out. Touring bikes generally have hard bags, crash bars, large windshields, and other things for the long highway rides.
Google some more.

When I was OTR and home for a week I spent that time working around the house ,laundry and cleaning the inside of my trk.Relax time was when I would go back out.

It's pretty clear in my mind which is which. If you don't know the difference: while cruisers are comfortable, it's hard to ride them day in and day out. Touring bikes generally have hard bags, crash bars, large windshields, and other things for the long highway rides.
Google some more.
I don't need Google. I owned a Honda Shadow which is a cruiser. And there's a touring bike (Goldwing) parked out in the garage right now.

But since you insist,...

The very first sentence in the Wikipedia article for Honda shadow :

The Honda Shadow refers to a family of cruiser-type motorcycles made by Honda since 1983.

Honda Shadow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't need Google. I owned a Honda Shadow which is a cruiser. And there's a touring bike (Goldwing) parked out in the garage right now.

But since you insist,...

The very first sentence in the Wikipedia article for Honda shadow :

Honda Shadow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Good job, sir Duck. I'm not here to argue what bike is what type, it doesn't make a difference to me. I care more about trucking right now. Just trying to learn how to drive and learn the trade. :shift:

Good job, sir Duck. I'm not here to argue what bike is what type, it doesn't make a difference to me. I care more about trucking right now. Just trying to learn how to drive and learn the trade. :shift:
Yeah well maybe later if you get bored we can argue about the differences between a dirtbike & a motocross bike. Or the old Chevy vs Ford thing. :D

I ride as much as I can. My traveling bike is a 2013 Victory Vegas (8-Ball package) with some modifications and I don't care whether it's considered a "cruiser" or a "standard." It's plenty maneuverable and if 125 hp/140 ft-lb torque (one of the modifications) isn't enough to have a little fun with, you should probably be riding on a track.

My "bar-hopper" bike is a 1949 HD Big-Twin Panhead, 1960s-chopped into a bobber, that has a higher center of gravity, less than half the power and the turning radius of a 379 with a spread-axle trailer. But I love it just as much as my Vic.

My first bike was a 1982 Yamaha XJ750 Seca. In its day, it was one of the fastest production motorcycles legal to sell in the US. It was Yamaha's precursor to modern cafe racers (crotch-rockets). Yamaha classified it as a "Sport-Tour" model. Not that I give any actual crap. It was a great bike and I had a lot of fun with it.

Last edited:
Well, it seems like most of the threads lose original objective/ question after several posts, so I'd prefer to keep it aligned if possible (I am contributing to the hi-jacking, yes I know, I feel guilty about it :whip::confused:).

@ironpony spends his free hometime combing through the forum looking for innocent threads to hijack. That's what he does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread