New To Trucking How do I do this?

PARMELLIAN

I'm interested in trucking but I have no idea where to begin. Can someone give me advice to help me avoid the pitfalls and get started?

Kankakee Community College charged me $3250 in 2004
That's about the most useless information in this entire thread. +16 years of inflation, that's about 20 grand now.

Kankakee Community College charged me $3250 in 2004
You got a heluva deal next to what I got told about 5 years before that. I had a communinity college tell me 5 grand. I said nope. Talk about squeezin blood I aint got out of a damn turnip i cant afford.

Found a smaller outfit and went thataway. Cost about 900 bucks time all said and done. Yeah they taught to the test but the rest got learned on the job once i found a place that’d put me to work

Companies want to see the cdl school graduation certificate.
It's not like the old days where companies look at your cdl then give you the keys to a truck.
Nobody has asked for my certificate. My license is my degree.

Usually you're limited to the megas at first because they're self-insured but they look at you differently when you already had your license than if you're locked into their slavery program.

Nobody has asked for my certificate. My license is my degree.

Usually you're limited to the megas at first because they're self-insured but they look at you differently when you already had your license than if you're locked into their slavery program.
OTOH, you've only worked for slave labor trucking companies. Not all of them are that way.

They've started around here wanting letters from insurance companies for the last 3 to 5 years. Insurance company's doing not the trucking company. They're really and truly deciding who gets a seat.

Also since Humboldt more provinces are requiring school. Ontario had passed it a year or two before. School wasn't required when I went through but I got mine paid by a government grant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread