Hello,

papachop

This is James, I am 27 years old, I have had my Class A Cdl since March 9 and been driving OTR for 4 months and I like it so far. I have a wife of 7 years and 4 month old son, Lukas. This has been especially difficult. Even though I am with a company that gets me 2300-2900 miles weekly and home every weekend. I am pretty much biding my time until i get enough experience to drive locally. If there is anything that can make this transition easier for my wife or myself, please respond and give me the incite I am sure some of you EXPERIENCED drivers have...thank you sincerely.

Welcome to the forum.

The seperation takes some getting used to. Really not much that you can do other than stay in communication, and stay positive. Don't dwell on the negative, that would be my only advice.

thanks

thanks for the positive words and i think it is easier to stay gone than it is to leave out...which is to say it might be easier for me if i was gone more...? I am not willing to do that but if the oppurtunity to team drive or whatever unbelievable amount of money came along...etc. what do you think?

Welcome to The Truckers Forum.

For me, it is all about staying out and making money, but my family is comfortable with that. You need to factor the family in for a decision like that, but at the same time, you have to provide for the family.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread