Hello

viper

well im off to a new adventure, im 52 lost every thing in a divorce so decided id live on a truck as I can travel and have no rent and save over the next ten years so ill have a retirement plan. I used to be in sales every thing from Rv's, cars, motor cycles, realestate, medical, industrial and also did construction. I am used to working long hrs and 7 days a week so this will be a cake walk depending on companies. Just got Licc and going to oreintaion first of Aug. so thats my story and im sticking to it lol

Welcome to the forum viper....Best of luck to you with your new adventure...lol....You should do ok since you have no ties anywhere and can stay out on the road....Just ckeck in with us when you can and let us know how you like it and how things are working out for you....:welcome:

Viper , be sure you keep a permanent home address or you'll miss out out a lot in per diem deductions .

flower bed is finished.......morning glories are transplanted and hope they grow up the trellis and yes Viper get a home address use a relative or friend but you will need someplace to "call home"

Thank you every one it is a great felling to have had so many replys . sorry about spelling not my best talant.lol now that I have no ties and so called friends that i can count on one finger this will be a refreshing start to the finish line as 62 is ten yrs away and with no real bills suld be able to save for retirement. ill keep posted and when on the road in own dedacated truck maybe we will met at a truck stop for coffee and good talks. thank you for the home address info as I have no idea what I can wright off. be safe and god bless

With no real debt you might be able to save a little for retirement but don't expect large paychecks in the industry right now . With no mortage interest to deduct the perdiem deduction is very important . It will be much more than the standard deduction and once you itemize you can add all those smaller items (Pens , phone service , tools , etc.) you would have missed out on taking the standard deduction . Getting on with an OTR carrier is difficult right now and the pay and working conditions are poor . You might want to check out the expediter websites for Panther Express , FedEx Custom Critical , and Tri-State Expedite . Their fleet owners have hired drivers right out of school . Things are slow in expedite like everywhere else but without a lot of debt you're in a position to ride it out and be an experienced driver when things pick up .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread