Having to Learn ELOGS all-over again

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Been outta this game over a year...

Before that my last Haul was Grain Elevator . "Exempt" because Agriculture or State Permits one of the 2 .....

Anyways burned 48 hours ON-DUTY my 70)80 days...

Yesterday not an EMPTY so hadda WAIT 3 Hours for em to Live Unload .

My Dumbass took a NAP and forgot to set Sleeper-Berth...

Worse our Omnitraccs is "Sensitive"..

Forget 5mph once ya get Rolling all goes to DRIVE LINE..

Called Safety Manager about this ..

New Provision called YARD MOVE though ya gotta Set It..

Btw... nowadays it's also LEGAL to make Truckstop Under Load . ONLY if asked 2 Move by a Cop and document day and time..

"personal conveyance" though can't be going towards your load

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Premium

Before that my last Haul was Grain Elevator . "Exempt" because Agriculture or State Permits one of the 2 .....

Btw... nowadays it's also LEGAL to make Truckstop Under Load . ONLY if asked 2 Move by a Cop and document day and time..

New rules for the box Birch-o - you were probably running under AOBRD rules at the last job. ELD rules are more restrictive.

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
New rules Birch-o - you were probably running under AOBRD rules at the last job. ELD rules are more restrictive.
Actually I like this "Yard More" and new Personal Conveyance provision.....

Nonetheless it's my own DAMN FAULT that 3 n 1)2 hours ON DUTY cause I forgot to Switch It and took a Nap

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter

Yeah they tightened the parameters on the ELD Just like @ Duck said they would when everyone was on board.
It pains me to say this but, @Duck you were right :thumbsup:

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Yeah they tightened the parameters on the ELD Just like @ Duck said they would when everyone was on board.
It pains me to say this but, @Duck you were right :thumbsup:
Guess I shouldve payed "ATTENTION" in Orientation Class....

Safety Guy kinda touched on that too when I called and He said YA Been here "Before"..

I'm Disappointed in ya youre an OLD PRO should "KNOW" your Stuff..

Either way they cannot edit Drive Lines anymore

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Guess I shouldve payed "ATTENTION" in Orientation Class....

Safety Guy kinda touched on that too when I called and He said YA Been here "Before"..

I'm Disappointed in ya youre an OLD PRO should "KNOW" your Stuff..

Either way they cannot edit Drive Lines anymore
It ain't all that different but you really got to creep along if you don't want it to put you on the drive line.
Hell, Mine puts me on driving just by dropping one trailer and hooking the next. we don't have yard moves like we should.
I should raise that question at the upcoming safety meeting. After the meeting because I don't want to be "that guy" that makes the meeting drag on with stupid questions. :D

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
It ain't all that different but you really got to creep along if you don't want it to put you on the drive line.
Hell, Mine puts me on driving just by dropping one trailer and hooking the next. we don't have yard moves like we should.
I should raise that question at the upcoming safety meeting. After the meeting because I don't want to be "that guy" that makes the meeting drag on with stupid questions. :D
Same here .....though in Orientation Class they said 5mph. .

Drive Idle a hundred feet our Elogs go Drive Line . ..and ya often LOST your "On-Duty" to Drive line against your 11 hour

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Same here .....though in Orientation Class they said 5mph. .

Drive Idle a hundred feet our Elogs go Drive Line . ..and ya often LOST your "On-Duty" to Drive line against your 11 hour

I think that's more a *BUG" in they're System cause I've dealt with this in the past ...
Nonetheless ain't a good "Omen" to have "SAFETY" knocking ya down

Hillbilly Canuck

I park at the same place that I load most days. Show a circle jerk kick the idiot box off duty creep to the washout creep back to the loading side. I don't even start line 3 till I'm loaded.

Duck

Talks to Mice
Supporter
I park at the same place that I load most days. Show a circle jerk kick the idiot box off duty creep to the washout creep back to the loading side. I don't even start line 3 till I'm loaded.
Creeping around, idling in the granny gear,.. This becomes commonplace, and sooner or later some idiot will get out of his seat to make a sandwich and forget he's moving and crash right into something. We'll see it on Facebook 😅

Hillbilly Canuck

Creeping around, idling in the granny gear,.. This becomes commonplace, and sooner or later some idiot will get out of his seat to make a sandwich and forget he's moving and crash right into something. We'll see it on Facebook 😅
I can get away with second gear. Haven't tried any higher.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Our afternoon guy works in 1st gear all night long. I don't think he trips it to the drive line ever.
We are not sure if..
1. The shifter is welded in 1st gear.
2. he just don't know there are other gears available and how to access them.
3. He thinks he has an automatic.
:dunno:
Wound up tighter than a cheap watch huh.

Hillbilly Canuck

Our afternoon guy works in 1st gear all night long. I don't think he trips it to the drive line ever.
We are not sure if..
1. The shifter is welded in 1st gear.
2. he just don't know there are other gears available and how to access them.
3. He thinks he has an automatic.
:dunno:
3rd kicks it to line 3. I tried it today.