Hammer goes to the Dark Side...

Way too much corn still standing...
The farm economy sucks so bad, they can't afford to pay to harvest it.

I didn’t make it out there this week. Farthest I got was Dilworth.

Was that you loading the other day? Thursday I think? Went in on 10 early in the morning, truck was at the ramp empty, did my drop and hook, inspected the bathroom, then on the way out the truck was mostly loaded already.

Figured that level of guru might have been you...

I didn’t make it out there this week. Farthest I got was Dilworth.

Was that you loading the other day? Thursday I think? Went in on 10 early in the morning, truck was at the ramp empty, did my drop and hook, inspected the bathroom, then on the way out the truck was mostly loaded already.

Figured that level of guru might have been you...
Nah. Just got to town today.

I had to blend fuel when I filled up this morning, it's going to be 20 below tonight and I don't trust just additives when it gets that cold. I went with a two-to-one ratio (33%) because I used stamart Yukon fuel for the number two , and its good down to 25 below supposedly.

My fuel mileage readout is reminding me why I hate blending fuel. But I hate sitting on the side of the road in a cold truck even more!

Back in the 80's we used to use a fuel heater branded Arctic Fox. Are these still available today? Even in Chicago's lakefront winters they worked a treat. The stupid thing was the Florida boy parking in the lot and not putting a handful of salt down to park on. I learned quick.

Also learned not to wash the truck. :bonk:

Back in the 80's we used to use a fuel heater branded Arctic Fox. Are these still available today? Even in Chicago's lakefront winters they worked a treat. The stupid thing was the Florida boy parking in the lot and not putting a handful of salt down to park on. I learned quick.

Also learned not to wash the truck. :bonk:
They are still available. Not as popular as they once were, though. With the advent of Davco-style filters with integral heaters, there isn't as much need. Although I don't believe the electric heated Davco puts out enough heat, I much prefer coolant heaters for the higher BTUS. The electric are nice in that you can turn the key on and it will thaw the fuel in the bowl with a couple minutes.

This Billy Big rigger might just win the Biggest Liar award.

"I hit 8 deer on my last turn to Nebraska."

Yeah, just like you told that cop he wasn't writing you a ticket.

Same old story, the louder they are, the more BS there is. I'm not even close to lunch counter and I'm still having to listen to him spew his lies.

Last edited:
This Billy Big rigger might just win the Biggest Liar award.

"I hit 8 deer on my last turn to Nebraska."

Yeah, just like you told that cop he wasn't writing you a ticket.

Same old story, the louder they are, the more BS there is. I'm not even close to lunch counter and I'm still having to listen to him spew his lies.

I tagged your post with the mad face, because I'm mad at the a-hole claiming the deer hit.

Meanwhile, you put him in the mirror and grille and bumper are spit polished. But...he never told you how many years ago that haul to Nebraska, was. :poo2:

Thought you were in nodak?

That sure looks like someone who panicked when the drives slipped a bit. That's actually one of my biggest pet peeves with any safety department: There's times when you had best be easing into the throttle and not chopping it, but their answer to everything is "SLOW DOWN!"

That sure looks like someone who panicked when the drives slipped a bit. That's actually one of my biggest pet peeves with any safety department: There's times when you had best be easing into the throttle and not chopping it, but their answer to everything is "SLOW DOWN!"
The Safety department: "Slow down and be safe this our number 1 consern."
Dispatch "YOU HAVE 2 HOURS AND 237 MILES GOOOOOOO IT'S ONLY A COUPLE INCHS! !!! "

Jeez ain't that the truth
Ha you think that's bad. Some of the guys I know ran really HARD. You don't Wana know how many days the one guy went with out sleep. I think he said he had been up 2 or 3 days 0 hours of sleep and was still going. He kept that big black Classic FreightShaker upright and didnt wreck. Meanwhile the other idiots can't keep the trucks upright with plenty of sleep. We had 4 roll overs this year and 10 total,11 if you count of not at fault bump. Too bad that guy left he was 1 hell of a drivier. His brother was the fleet manager for the Milk division and a Driver. They both quit about a month ago. Who ever they went to work for is damn lucky.

Gonna call BS on that.... a Peterbilt wouldn't let a Freightliner screw it . If you look at the Car carrier it's a Pete lmao. The ugly guy got the beautiful girl lmao.

You actually think that’s a Peterbilt?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread