Mike

Staff member
Threads
Baby Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Duck

Talks to Mice
Premium
Threads
Motels are usually spookier in daylight without any decorations.
In 2014 I stayed at a crap hotel in St Paul when the truck was in the shop.
The damn hallway wasn't even straight. The floor and the walls were wavy. It's like there had been an earthquake and all they did was patch the drywall and add paint.

It was like something in a Tim Burton movie.

Electric Chicken

Premium
Threads
The damn hallway wasn't even straight. The floor and the walls were wavy. It's like there had been an earthquake and all they did was patch the drywall and add paint.

Whatever you were drinking, it was good shit.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Premium
Threads

you should have offered to fix it, you would have still been there to this day. (knowing how long you take to fix things)

Duck

Talks to Mice
Premium
Threads
you should have offered to fix it, you would have still been there to this day. (knowing how long you take to fix things)
Well here's the thing.

I haven't been a plumber/electrician/framer/HVAC/whatever guy for 20 years, so I have little to no experience.

But when I take on the job, when it's done, it'll look like it was done by a professional with 20 years experience. I take the time, I research, I learn, I ****in do it right.

Yeah, a 20 year experience master will rip through the job in 14 seconds but me, when I do it, I learn something new.

I like it that way.

Electric Chicken

Premium
Threads
Well here's the thing.

I haven't been a plumber/electrician/framer/HVAC/whatever guy for 20 years, so I have little to no experience.

But when I take on the job, when it's done, it'll look like it was done by a professional with 20 years experience. I take the time, I research, I learn, I ****in do it right.

Yeah, a 20 year experience master will rip through the job in 14 seconds but me, when I do it, I learn something new.

I like it that way.
So what you're saying is you'll take forever and it'll still look like crap?

I've been disappointed by like 90% of the professionals I've hired over my lifetime. And they were seldom cheap.

Duck

Talks to Mice
Premium
Threads
So what you're saying is you'll take forever and it'll still look like crap?

I've been disappointed by like 90% of the professionals I've hired over my lifetime. And they were seldom cheap.
Another reason to do the research and do the job yourself.

Unless it's a steep pitched roof. Because **** that shit. 🤔

Electric Chicken

Premium
Threads
Another reason to do the research and do the job yourself.

Unless it's a steep pitched roof. Because **** that shit. 🤔
**** that shit is my criteria for hiring all professionals.

I can't necessarily do better (if at all) but I'm almost always underwhelmed by what I paid for.

Like, I'll do it even if it won't be as good because hey at least I didn't pay someone. But if I can't do it at all and they do a less than perfect job, I'm pissed. Because I could do a less than perfect job myself if I was capable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts