Greetings Road Warriors

Hey there. Names Chris. Im 33 and live in Pomona California. Heres my story:
I got my Cdl in January of 2010. With the help of a family friend I got a job right away running plants otr up and down the East Coast. I did that for 6 months until I found a local job running containers to and from the rail and ports in Los Angeles. I worked my way up from $8.00 to $15.00 by running hard and picking the game up quick.

After about a year and a half an owner op position became available with my company and because of my hard work I was rewarded with the opportunity to work for my self. It was a dream come True. I had my own truck under my company name and mc#. I set out to brake every earnings record the company had and hustled 14 hour max days taking every load I could get.

4 weeks into my contract I went out to celebrate a friends birthday at a night club in downtown L.A. I had a couple of drinks and had a good time. On the way home I was pulled over and was taken in for not cooperating with the field sobriety test. I knew that I was literally fighting for my career and thought if I stalled long enough my BAC would go down by the time I got to the station. I guessed wrong and was cited for DUI. I informed my company if the situation and they immediately ripped up my contract. I obtained a lawyer and still was convicted.

As a result of losing my job, I lost my truck, company, new car and apartment because I had no money coming in. I found myself with no money food or shelter. I could not get unemployment and welfare denied my claim. I had no friends or family to ask for help and ended up in a men's shelter for 5 days. I went from realizing my dream to living a nightmare. I finally found a job at a sweat shop fixing TVs in which I had to commute 3 hours each way by bus for minimum wage.

It took a while but I was able to find a room to rent and faced the hard fact that my dream will have to wait years until I can drive again. Over 2 years had passed and my situation had gotten significantly better. I found love and slowly was nursed back to a good place mentally. I parlayed my sweat shop electronic repair job into a good job with Best Buy Geek Squad and was doing great. I still had the fire in my heart to get back in my truck and reestablish my company. After completing all the DMV and court required classes and pay all fees I got my class C back.

After about a year with geek squad business went bad and I was laid off. I saw an ad on craigslist for an independent contractor position using my own car to deliver auto parts and took the job. I worked hard and bought a new fuel efficient prius so I could save money on gas and make more money. I did that for a year and put off getting my class A back because I had steady work. I finally got off my ass and got my permit then took a couple of hours of driving classes then b passed my DMV test. So l thought to myself I did it I'm back on the path.

I didn't realize that it had only been 2 1/2 years since my DUI conviction and was getting constantly rejected by every insurance company that trucking companies sent my information to. Then one day I call a guy who was new to trucking and had a car hauler and gave me a shot to drive OTR with his guy. I did 2 trips to the Midwest and it was a nightmare. I took the high road and refused to jeopardize my safety and license (not to mention all the loading and unloading cars and down time for free). We parted ways and now I'm trolling craigslist every day looking for another opportunity. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't have left the last position and kept my mouth shut. I want to drive badly and get this dream back on the rails. If anyone has there own truck and own insurance and looking for a smart hard working safe driver with experience. Please!!! Think of me. You won't regret it. 626-399-5198

I'm a motor carrier with my own authority but that does not allow me to hire anyone. It's still up to my insurance company. They will get a copy of your record and would deny you. Your best bet is to see if any large companies will hire you. Most are self insured with a bond so it's up to them and not the insurance company. Good luck.

I'm a motor carrier with my own authority but that does not allow me to hire anyone. It's still up to my insurance company. They will get a copy of your record and would deny you. Your best bet is to see if any large companies will hire you. Most are self insured with a bond so it's up to them and not the insurance company. Good luck.
I can't think of a large company that will touch him with a DUII that fresh. Most want at least five years' clean record.

There are a lot of companies that hire with a 3 year limit.

Just do a Google search "truck driving job dui"

Prime is 4 years.

Also. I know two people personally. Not a friend of a friend who heard it from his Uncle. Both had DUI's and went before a judge. One wanted to join the Marines and the other was an executive and he would be disqualified for an upcoming position.

Both of them requested a hearing in front of the judge and both their DUI records were sealed from view. There was also a time limit. Don't remember the number of years but any criminal activity would result in twice the punishment and lose of license for 1 year AGAIN!

guess he could try craigslist even though it might be like finding a needle in a haystack cause of his dui

Craigs list would be like me posting a position. It's still up to my insurance company. It would probably have to be a self insured company.

Craigs list would be like me posting a position. It's still up to my insurance company. It would probably have to be a self insured company.
that's what I thought. isn't there a company in NC somewhere that hires people in his postion :confused-96:. from what I heard its not the best company but they might hire him. dam I can't think of the name. but if he can get hire on with em and put up with company politics for a while then he could move up. and that's if commieforina's in there hiring area as well

I have tried prime, they actually require 3 years removed from the date of completion of probation. So like 6 years. I have been on the los Angeles and inland Empire craigslist transport jobs lists every 5 minutes for the month. I have given up hope of any company hiring me Until my 3 year mark. I just need someone who has insurance on the truck and willing to look the other way on my mvr. I guess pretty much cross there fingers I dont get hit or hit anything untill I can be insured in October.

I have tried prime, they actually require 3 years removed from the date of completion of probation. So like 6 years. I have been on the los Angeles and inland Empire craigslist transport jobs lists every 5 minutes for the month. I have given up hope of any company hiring me Until my 3 year mark. I just need someone who has insurance on the truck and willing to look the other way on my mvr. I guess pretty much cross there fingers I dont get hit or hit anything untill I can be insured in October.
have you tried werner:confused-96:

that's what I thought. isn't there a company in NC somewhere that hires people in his postion :confused-96:. from what I heard its not the best company but they might hire him. dam I can't think of the name. but if he can get hire on with em and put up with company politics for a while then he could move up. and that's if commieforina's in there hiring area as well
Carolina Cargo.

is that the company that would hire anyone:confused-96:. I knew there was a company in nc that would hire just about anyone but I heard they also sucked and had junky trucks as well on and on

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread