Grease points?

It seems to be your specialty here.
I'm not the one nitpicking

One post I said read your manual and suddenly everybody's jumping my s***

It would appear to me too many people think they know everything and can't take being told read the f****** manual.

mechanics that are too proud to be able to read a manual have cost me more money than any repair ever did.

I'm not the one nitpicking

One post I said read your manual and suddenly everybody's jumping my s***

It would appear to me too many people think they know everything and can't take being told read the f****** manual.

mechanics that are too proud to be able to read a manual have cost me more money than any repair ever did.
How many times do I have to apologize for putting the turbo 3000D on the fuel return line?

I have over $5000 in manuals. I've read them all from time to time depending what specs or procedures I need to know.

There are some things in this life that's not covered by manuals. Sometimes you have to improvise, and sometimes there are mistakes and misprints in the manuals that can actually get you into some serious trouble. I have several Eaton, Cummins, Caterpillar manuals that I've went back and hand written notes in for either corrections, added info, or basically just a notation on explaining a certain procedure a little better to understand in the future. I really hope you dont live your life by a "manual " all the time.
You're kind of making my point for me.

If I didn't know the correct procedure for my steer axle, you telling me to jack it up to grease my kingpins would help me destroy that axle

And I do mean it will destroy my axle. The actual kingpin is welded to the crossmember. There is no replacing it

the knuckle itself is a two-piece design that comes apart and has bushings put in

so it becomes even more critical that the owner of the equipment or the mechanic working on it understand the manual.

And like you said make notes that make it easier or better for the future.

I've learned that the trick with the air tech is to use a brake cylinder hone just set the bushing diameter instead of a piece of Emery cloth in your thumb. Share that with most mechanics and they look like you just insulted their intelligence

You're kind of making my point for me.

If I didn't know the correct procedure for my steer axle, you telling me to jack it up to grease my kingpins would help me destroy that axle

And I do mean it will destroy my axle. The actual kingpin is welded to the crossmember. There is no replacing it

the knuckle itself is a two-piece design that comes apart and has bushings put in

so it becomes even more critical that the owner of the equipment or the mechanic working on it understand the manual.

And like you said make notes that make it easier or better for the future.

I've learned that the trick with the air tech is to use a brake cylinder hone just set the bushing diameter instead of a piece of Emery cloth in your thumb. Share that with most mechanics and they look like you just insulted their intelligence
Is the design of a steerin knuckle somethin that would even be in a manual?

I put magic fuel sayin' beans in my tank, an' now Imma gettin' a bazillion miles a gallon!

:yahoo:
I'm in the process of developing a beet juice fuel derivative. Currently we are mixing it with canola oil and it smells fantastic as it burns. I'm am trying to patent the design as a mileage improver/traction enhancer as the unburnt beet juice is discharged through the wastegate tubes.

It exits right in front of the drive tires for instant grip.

Ha!

Lilbow and I spent last weekend at Iowa 80. They still sell those damn air spinner deals for the intake. Amazing.

We're going to mount air tabs on our excavator counterweights for fuel efficiency while hauling them, and to reduce drag when we swing the hoes.
He that’s a good idea. I wonder if I buy in bulk can I get a deal? That just gave me hope on how to haul these things for 2.50 a mile.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread