GPS GPS System With Truck Routes

JoeT

I have heard that you can get GPS systems with truck routes. Does anybody have one of these GPS systems that you would reccomend ?

I have heard that Garmin makes a good GPS system for trucks that has good truck routes, identifies low clearances and other things.

Does the CoPilot software work with Windows Vista? Just got a new computer and I am thinking about getting this software.

My laptop has Windows Vista. I am waiting to hear if the CoPilot software is compatible. If it is, I might go ahead and get it.

CoPilot Is Not Yet Compatible With Windows Vista

To answer the question you guys were asking, no, the CoPilot GPS software is not yet compatible. I emailed the company a couple times and never got a reply so I decided to call them today as I am interested in getting this as well.

The salesman told me that unfortunately, it is not yet compatible, but they are working on a new release and it should be available within a few weeks. I will call them back periodically and check their website to find out when it is made compatible.

Thanks bullwinkle, hopefully they get this done soon. Now that I have researched the benefits of the system, I want it.

I will be getting a new computer soon, so I will need this as well. I currently have it on the laptop I own right now that runs on XP, and I absolutely love the copilot GPS software. I never thought I would use something like this, but decided to try to stay up with the times and give it a try. It definitely makes my job easier.

Anybody heard with the CoPilot GPS will be compatible with Windows Vista yet? I heard this is the best for trucks.

Hadn't heard of the Tom Tom before. Just checked it out, looks like a good product. Would be nice if they were to release a truckers version that factored in the designated truck routes, low clearances, etc..

Still, good product for the price it seems.

To answer the question you guys were asking, no, the CoPilot GPS software is not yet compatible. I emailed the company a couple times and never got a reply so I decided to call them today as I am interested in getting this as well.

The salesman told me that unfortunately, it is not yet compatible, but they are working on a new release and it should be available within a few weeks. I will call them back periodically and check their website to find out when it is made compatible.

FYI, Copilot is now compatible with Windows Vista

CoPilot Truck | Laptop 9 Software Only - What's Included & System Requirements: ALK Technologies

Street and Trips work great for cars, I use to use it and it got me in trouble a few times. I switched to Co-Pilot for Trucks

A friend of mine has a GPS and she swears by it. No more map-hunting or outdated maps. My husband wants one of these for Christmas (yes he gets lost more than I do- probably b/c he won't stop to ask for directions).

If you get the CoPilot from the T/A, be sure to look at the box, especially if you have Windows Vista. The ones I seen are the older ones that are not Vista compatible.

If you have Vista and want CoPilot, I would order it online from their website.

i read the back of the box and i think it is commpatible with vista. not sure so don't quote me on that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread