Glendale, Arizona to Lebanon, TN. Which route would you take? Load is light.

Mike

Factoring in everything about the route, so a company driver and an owner operator may have different answers. Just curious which you would do. I'm posting two interstate routes. there are a couple other options, but I can make better time on the interstate. I've ran all of them.

Option A: 17-40, 1709 miles
Option B: 10-20-30-40, 1769 miles
Option C: Other routes. A little shorter on miles, but not much, and it can get really slow out there. Definitely a bad option if the load was heavy.

And for the geographically challenged, think about it as Phoenix to Nashville.

Flattest terrain between A and B with the fewests bottlenecks would be my choice. Milk those MPGs for all you can.

But I don't know either route to know which one that would be.

Light or not, 60 fewer miles doesn't mean anything if you're climbing more.

Flattest terrain between A and B with the fewests bottlenecks would be my choice. Milk those MPGs for all you can.

But I don't know either route to know which one that would be.

Light or not, 60 fewer miles doesn't mean anything if you're climbing more.

Best terrain is clearly the southern route.

Southern route. Congested areas are Odessa, Dallas, Little Rock (possibly), Memphis, and of course, Nashville.
Northern Route. Albuquerque (depending on time), Amarillo (again, depending on time because of construction), OKC, Little Rock, Memphis, and Nashville.

Also, with northern route, you have to deal with the pathetic interstate that is anywhere near Flagstaff, and the mountain grade. Hills not an issue with a light load, but there is the potential for accidents.

Anything you loose on the western end of 40, you'll make up plus more east of Albuquerque.

Depending on the construction in Amarillo, then the crapshoot at the newest Oklahoma scale. That scale has a tendency to red light far more trucks than most scales and they like to create long lines of trucks just like Banning.

I've already bought fuel, so the higher costs of fuel in southern Arizona and New Mexico won't be a factor. Only factor in regards to fuel on this 1700 mile trip is fuel taxes.

I know @Ontario Outlaw would take the southern route because he doesn't even have to figure IFTA, 80mph speed limits through parts of Texas, and less weigh station hassle on the southern route.

I've already bought fuel, so the higher costs of fuel in southern Arizona and New Mexico won't be a factor. Only factor in regards to fuel on this 1700 mile trip is fuel taxes.

I know @Ontario Outlaw would take the southern route because he doesn't even have to figure IFTA, 80mph speed limits through parts of Texas, and less weigh station hassle on the southern route.
Nah he'd take C at 80mph.

Why ya gotta single me out all the time? Eh?

I don’t need 80 mph speed limits to do 80 mph :thefinger:

So they found someone to haul it for less. 🤔
It’s possible, but if so, it was enough less to still pay me for TONU even though I never made it to the shipper.

Win/win: Somebody fell off of another load going to Colorado, and needed to be covered quickly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread