• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

General Walmart Trans Questions, Suggestions, and Complaining.

Is my hero, the super truckinest, left lane running legendary Ricky "Outlaw(CB handle) Tillman still the top driver out of your North Carolina yard?? If you see him ask him about the 4200 boxes of snow peas we air stacked on the floor down in Homestead that he was delivering up to Hunts Point back when trucking was trucking...Ya'll have a Merry Christmas

Well if he is I bet he certainly doesn’t miss hand stacking his own freight!

You're probably right but back then that was the "norm". Also if you paid more than $60 to get unloaded you paid to much and the lumpers had to stack the boxes on a pallet. Now they just run a jack in and out of trailer

You're probably right but back then that was the "norm". Also if you paid more than $60 to get unloaded you paid to much and the lumpers had to stack the boxes on a pallet. Now they just run a jack in and out of trailer
I remember them wanting $100 to lump 44000 lbs of box meat on the floor. I always ended up doing it myself. Yea the good old days.

Say what now? I gots to pay the forkie to unload me!? :confused-96:

I ain’t never paid to get unloaded
This would be for vans and refers that unload at groceries warehouses, where the boxes are stacked in the trailer. For example I helped my dad unload at Nash finch once. You have to remove each package and separate them by number on pallets and stack them how they want them. This was the 90s and you were still allowed to unload yourself. Now you are required to pay 200$ a half there to have someone with a lumper card do the same thing.

This would be for vans and refers that unload at groceries warehouses, where the boxes are stacked in the trailer. For example I helped my dad unload at Nash finch once. You have to remove each package and separate them by number on pallets and stack them how they want them. This was the 90s and you were still allowed to unload yourself. Now you are required to pay 200$ a half there to have someone with a lumper card do the same thing.
Ahhh alrighty then. We don’t go to grocery warehouses. We been to a grand total of two, both times the forkie was paid by the warehouse I guess. Still not too sure why onions gotta go on flatbeds but whatever

We banned from the one grocery warehouse and that fine by me. The bullshit they put drivers through is unreal. I was still grabbing gears as I hit the gate, flipped off the guard and threw the gate pass out the window

Safety offered me a copy of the email they sent but I declined a copy. Should’ve framed it for the shop :thefinger:

My dad drove for a local outfit. They used to come in with loads of lettuce of the coast.We would go up to Riverside Markets in Dubois Pa on Sunday night I would lump them for $40 each while he went back to get the other one.Pretty good money for a kid back in the early 70.

Wally World lost all respect from me the day I heard they canned a guy fo pulling over to send a text msg... and it didnt go thru til he got a few miles down the road when he got to a better area

Thats dirty pool

Wally World lost all respect from me the day I heard they canned a guy fo pulling over to send a text msg... and it didnt go thru til he got a few miles down the road when he got to a better area

Thats dirty pool
That's because the truck was moving. If he'd had an accident and his records called in, it would have shown up as a text sent while driving.

Its not dirty pool, its a litigious society.

That's because the truck was moving. If he'd had an accident and his records called in, it would have shown up as a text sent while driving.

Its not dirty pool, its a litigious society.
Yeah but that there is way overkill IMHO

Also, little known fact, a text on your phone record might have a different time stamp than on your phone.

The reason for this is that many carriers don't consider a text sent until it is actually received.

I think this is a holdover from the early days of texting when texts would get bottlenecked for hours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread