Owner Operator Fuel as a percentage of gross income

Right foot, maximize fuel economy.

and mapping out your fuel purchases to pay the lowest amount possible. Lowest price per tax if you pay IFTA, lowest price at the pump if you don’t mess with IFTA.
Ok but it’s the same truck, same driver, same driving habits.

What kind of fluctuation would you expect year to year? 5-10 percent?

I probably don’t understand IFTA enough. I still don’t really understand where it’s cheapest to buy fuel.

Maybe I SHOULD start running dyed diesel. I’ve never had my tanks dipped yet
I had mine dipped in TN. while I was there I got to talking about the penalties for running died fuel and believe me if you only get caught once it will never happen again basically it is tax fraud and they will audit you for many years back, you will end up owing a fortune not only to the federal government but for each state you have been in for the years you are audited.
and they can detect dyed fuel for months after you quit using it I know this because I had worked FEMA a month or so before I got dipped and it showed up FEMA supplied the fuel and it was dyed fuel thankfully I have enough paperwork with me to satisfy the dot and after a confirmation call I got a pass

Ok but it’s the same truck, same driver, same driving habits.

What kind of fluctuation would you expect year to year? 5-10 percent?
Only fluctuation would be changes in fuel costs and changes in fuel economy due to possible engine concerns.

Couple quick things: air leak (CAC maybe). Overhead.

Are you doing oil samples? If so, any fuel dilution or soot?
CAC was new at the end of the first year. Overhead was done somewhere along the way second year.

Oil samples had higher soot until it was tuned. Oil samples have looked good.

April to July (roughly) had a boost leak in the second year that the shop was retarded about finding the leak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread