Freightliner Freightliner Wiring Diagrams or Repair Manuals

SmK PANDEMIC

I'm completely new to this field, have little to no experience in working on these trucks. However, I'm jumping straight into it. Call me stupid, ignorant, or a fool, I'm 26 years old and a recently laid off oilfield Operations Manager, who really just wants to get his own thing going.

I bought a 2000 Freightliner FLD120 with a Detroit 60 Series engine (12.7L) and an Eaton Fuller 10 Speed Transmission (FRO-15210C). I also bought a 15' 14yd dump body, reinforced the frame, extended frame about 1' 6", and have recently converted it to a dump truck. I'm still tracking down and trying to find the best deal on a PTO, Pump, and Control system.

Now I'm trying to fix the other, small but important problems with the truck. I have had hell trying to find any kind of documentation on the wiring of these trucks. Cruise control, exhaust brakes, speedometer, and tach are all not working. Speedometer doesn't seem to work. Maybe up to about 65mph, then it will stick and won't come back down until it shows 45mph. Tach sticks around 5x rpm even with engine off, comes up to about 6x rpm at idle, but doesn't seem to be accurate. I have been told to check all the ground wires, but don't know how I could possibly do that with no reference to where they are. I figured I might just try to replace the speed sensor on the back of the transmission for the speedometer, but I would like to try to get some advice first. I cannot find the sensor for the tach. I was told it should be on the bell housing, but can't see where it would go. I have only found 4 wires not connected to anything. Two wires are in a set with a connector and the other two wires are separate with their own connectors. Also, behind the panel which contains the radio housing, trailer and tractor parking brakes, has 5 wires which aren't connected to anything too. D953, D524, 81C, and a few more I couldn't really read the numbering on. Any advice or reference would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Access Freightliner is no longer around.

It was replaced by DTNA earlier this year.

Gives you wiring diagrams, parts listing by vin and also access to the engine manuals.

I had it in a couple of days. Had a bigger issue with the lease company still being listed by the state as the registered owner.

If you call customer service during business hours and have all your title/registration etc all in a packet, it's likely you can have it in the same day.

I see, hopefully the process goes quickly. In the meantime, would you have any suggestions? I'm not sure if the tach is given its information from a sensor alone, or through the computer? I believe the speedometer is driven solely from the speed sensor, It's a 4 wire connector on my truck.

Sorry to hear you got laid off. Good luck with your truck.

Freightliner Manuals pdf here
Freightliner Cascadia Wiring Diagram
Freightliner+Cascadia+Wiring+Diagram.jpg

can anyone help me I have a 2016 M2 106 business class 6Freightliner with a Mercedes engine and Alison transmission. The speedometer does not work have change many parts to include Accelerator pedal, body control module, chassis control module, TCM, speed sensors, input and output sensors, no codes just don't have a wiring diagram for the instrument cluster to see which is the speedo wire or where it goes to. no one can seem to help me I have checked everything I could think of

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread