Free coffee at TA/Petro today

I don’t understand how those work
I don't either.
My Grandmother used to make coffee this way every morning on the Farm.
"I wasn't old enough to drink coffee" :rolleyes:
Blah, Blah something something too caffeine deprived to pay attention. :rolllaugh:

Last edited:
Just boil water on the stove in a regular pot like you use for Mac N chz.

Dump the grounds into the water and boil it until its black.

Use one of those mickey mouse ear strainer things or rip the filter outta the frog press and use it to strain out the grounds as you pour it into your thermos. Or into a decanter.

It's not that special.

Yes, I've had one. They are nusance to clean. Not bad if you've got a free running sink and unlimited water. But in a semi....no thanks.
Just because yer culinarily challenged in mobile settings...

:mad-97:

Guy at T/A gave me free coffee once. I thought he was being nice.

Turns out it was old. Really, really old. As I was leaving I saw him go change it.
They charge a buck 73 for a Refill your own mug.

Gosh I shouldve paid the extra quarter and used one of their cups instead of cleaning mine afterwards.

Now at Pee-Lot I lost my Philmore Actually the Top broke.

Half of em still give me Dollar refill in different mug sorry I ain't gonna pay $2 buck for that swill and still have to clean my own mug.

In Nebraska I told em when I still had Phil-More other places "Honored" Refill price are YOU gonna do the same in kind

Afew smart asses stand on the Philmore Mug want $2 bucks and I'll dump it down the drain.

Other times one clerk and gotta stock shelves too..

At Williams Iowa she be a "refill" and ya fine Honey..

Free Coffee Refill

coffee is always free at loves
Ya but they hand discounts out to everybody and their brother like Pee-Lot/Js

And most of em are Tiny "packed" Fecees Holes with Fuel Islands 3/4 deep

Heck Rockford Illinois it's like that at 2am.

Take ya an Hour to Get Fuel after they all go inside the store.

Forget a 10 hour even if ya do find a spot the Make A Spotters park up the sides of ya wanna leave early.

Ya but they hand discounts out to everybody and their brother like Pee-Lot/Js

And most of em are Tiny "packed" Fecees Holes with Fuel Islands 3/4 deep

Heck Rockford Illinois it's like that at 2am.

Take ya an Hour to Get Fuel after they all go inside the store.

Forget a 10 hour even if ya do find a spot the Make A Spotters park up the sides of ya wanna leave early.
Infact if everybody and their extended family didn't all go crowd into Loves and Pee-Lot why they'd probably be outta Buisness..

Instead of buying up Formerly Good Truckstops then tearing em down to build a gas station with 50 parking spots and Fast Food cheap gas to bring the locals in 4wheelers too.

Infact if everybody and their extended family didn't all go crowd into Loves and Pee-Lot why they'd probably be outta Buisness..

Instead of buying up Formerly Good Truckstops then tearing em down to build a gas station with 50 parking spots and Fast Food cheap gas to bring the locals in 4wheelers too.
Here's a fine example and @mndriver territory.

Recently just built a Loves past Nodine Kwik Trip..

Just opened afew weeks ago place is already PACKED.

Don't tell me "Hardee's" is that awesome.

Nodine Kwik Trip used to be "Truckers Inn" when I first started driving over the road.

Kwik Trip bought em out leveled the place and built a brand new tiny tight packed Kwik Trip store..

For @Duck the Nodine Minnesota Kwik Trip probably the LAST "Silver Platter" Restaurant the rest became Denny's

But last time I stopped was "Closed" due to COVID-19

I almost think that new Loves about 15 miles up the road is fitting justice.

That's gonna cut Kwik Trip Nodine Buisness in half

Last edited:
I remember that. I was never impressed with it.
It was an Old Dump granted.

But big parking ya could hit a hole 2am half asleep or atleast get lucky on a pull in spot dead tired.

They also had a Sit Down restaurant and big screen TV room to watch Football if ya were stuck there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread