Trucking News: Four fleets object to $135M settlement in Navistar engine lawsuit

Mike

Four large fleets are objecting to a proposed settlement in the Navistar MaxxForce engine lawsuit. They claim the amount is “inadequate and unfair.”

On Oct. 10, Ferguson Enterprises, Southern California Edison C., The Walt Disney Co., and US Foods objected to the proposed $135 million Navistar settlement. In May, attorneys for the class action plaintiffs announced the preliminary agreement.

According to a news release from Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, class members will be able to choose from three options, including a “no questions asked” cash payment of $2,500 per Navistar truck; a $10,000 rebate on a new truck; or up to $15,000 per truck in provable out of pocket damages caused by the alleged defect.

Will Navistar ever get out from under that black cloud known as the Maxxfarce?

Were they new to the trucking industry, like was this their first day? when they chose to buy an engine built by a truck manufacturer that is notorious for not being able to wire up a set of headlights correctly?

I believe when Navistar announced they were going to start building engines, my first thought and comment on this board was, they can't even wire up headlights :dunno:

Were they new to the trucking industry, like was this their first day? when they chose to buy an engine built by a truck manufacturer that is notorious for not being able to wire up a set of headlights correctly?

I believe when Navistar announced they were going to start building engines, my first thought and comment on this board was, they can't even wire up headlights :dunno:
My MaxxFarce at USX was an electrical nightmare. But it was my own truck in a slipseater world so I tolerated.

I wouldn't buy one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread