Flying J Liquidates More Assets

2xR

******* Derelict *******
Read the entire article at TruckingInfo.com

12/1/2009

Flying J Sells Off Insurance Arm to Raise Cash

In an effort to raise some cash to come out of bankruptcy, Flying J Inc. has sold its insurance subsidiary to the Buckner Co., a Salt Lake City, Utah-based insurance brokerage firm, according to The Salt Lake Tribune. The deal will be official Jan. 1, the publication reported.

Selling the "J", one brick at a time...

Have any of you "J" patrons noticed any signs of the Pilot merger having an effect?

Have you noticed that they are removing alot of the pay phones from the locations. Also removing phones from the tables as well. Seems there is quite a cost savings there.

Been quite a while since I have been in a Flying J. I keep waiting for us to be able to use them due to Pilot taking over the fuel side of things

I'm sittin' in the Flyin' Hook at Tulsa right now and they are putting in new fuel pumps, re-roofing the building and doing some remodeling inside. I suppose it is mostly capital improvement stuff and probably was already budgeted for.

I live close to the Flying J in Beaverdam Ohio and I was told that the resturant will close and Denys will open up inside. Pilot will run the rest of it. Maybe they will take my Comdata card now...

They recently opened a Waffle House right there too, and the Pilot across the street has a McDonalds. Hit all three places, and you can have your very own heart attack by the time you get back on highway 30!

I stop at that Waffle House all the time for coffee. Unlike the one at exit 127 in Lima, this one isnt 30 years old and falling apart... :winking:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread